Diversion Diversion not blocking ads on devices, except through Siri Shortcuts

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Istvanwagon

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I have had problems with Diversion over the past few weeks, where it seems not to be blocking anything from the router when it worked before beautifully. When I follow dnsmasq.log, I see absolutely nothing. Re-installed on AX-88U with no problem and even put in large blocking file which I had not used before.

I also re-installed UIDivStats, and this seems to hang while creating database table (see second screen shot below) still shows installed after I exit with ^C. Stats show absolutely nothing in the UIDivStats pane (never updated).

I recently noticed the Siri Shortcut for Diversion, and installed it on my iPhone with SSH LAN login. This works like a charm in Safari, but not in any apps.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks...

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 8.00.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 8.01.26 PM.png

Last edited:

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Hello,

I have had problems with Diversion over the past few weeks, where it seems not to be blocking anything from the router when it worked before beautifully. When I follow dnsmasq.log, I see absolutely nothing. Re-installed on AX-88U with no problem and even put in large blocking file which I had not used before.

I also re-installed UIDivStats, and this seems to hang while creating database table (see second screen shot below) still shows installed after I exit with ^C. Stats show absolutely nothing in the UIDivStats pane (never updated).

I recently noticed the Siri Shortcut for Diversion, and installed it on my iPhone with SSH LAN login. This works like a charm in Safari, but not in any apps.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks...

View attachment 29236View attachment 29237
Can you try the develop branch of uiDivStats please? I've improved various things which should help you. You can install it by running:
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/uiDivStats/develop/uiDivStats.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats && /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats install

Istvanwagon

Occasional Visitor
Thanks; I will give that a try. In the meantime, I found out I think the problem is something with the USB Drive. I will post separately on that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!