Diversion Diversion seems to make Github pages load unreliably

  • ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

theCrow

Occasional Visitor
When Diversion is enabled, Github pages load unreliably with "This site can't be reached" on my devices. This happens both on my PC and my Android phone when in my home network. It isn't permanent and sometimes™ the pages load and sometimes™ they don't. I haven't seen this with any other pages - just in github.com domain. I tried adding github.com to Diversion whitelist but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have no other proof that this is caused by Diversion than the fact that the problem starts when Diversion is enabled and ends when it is disabled. On mobile phone, jumping from home network to mobile resolves the issue immediately.

I'm running Diversion on an RT-AC86U running Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1_2. Any ideas about how I could try to resolve this?
 

John Fitzgerald

Senior Member
When Diversion is enabled, Github pages load unreliably with "This site can't be reached" on my devices. This happens both on my PC and my Android phone when in my home network. It isn't permanent and sometimes™ the pages load and sometimes™ they don't. I haven't seen this with any other pages - just in github.com domain. I tried adding github.com to Diversion whitelist but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have no other proof that this is caused by Diversion than the fact that the problem starts when Diversion is enabled and ends when it is disabled. On mobile phone, jumping from home network to mobile resolves the issue immediately.

I'm running Diversion on an RT-AC86U running Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1_2. Any ideas about how I could try to resolve this?

So run an update for Diversion: Options b and 4

If you run Skynet Script make sure to update to 7.2.4: Option 10 and 1, then run Option 3 and 1
 

theCrow

Occasional Visitor
So run an update for Diversion: Options b and 4

If you run Skynet Script make sure to update to 7.2.4: Option 10 and 1, then run Option 3 and 1
Diversion and Skynet were already up-to-date but I tried these steps anyway. Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference.
 

Serkan K.

New Around Here
Skynet was the blocker in my case but after skynet version 7.2.4, I also had to whitelist another IP that github uses (140.82.121.4) even though github.com was white listed by Skynet 7.2.4.

Just check see what this returns in the answer section and you'll have an idea of what to whitelist in skynet.
Code:
dig github.com

or

Code:
nslookup github.com
 

theCrow

Occasional Visitor
Thank you! This seems to have fixed it. It didn't occur to me to whitelist it in Skynet since it was working with Skynet on and Diversion off.
 

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top