What's new

Diversion / Skynet Thought

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rtg74

New Around Here
Hi everyone!

I have been using Diversion and Skynet for a few months now and it is just an awesome combination of tools!

I had a thought about enhancing the functionality...How difficult would it be to setup the tools to have blocked sites redirect to a web page (maybe using httpd?) on the router that notifies the user that the site is blocked? Of course it would be really awesome to figure out a way to add the blocked site/IP address directly from this web page, but at minimum, it would be nice to know via the web page that the site you are trying to access is being blocked by the router.

In my mind it could work similar to how pixelserv works.

Thanks!

I have been using Diversion and Skynet for a few months now and it is just an awesome combination of tools!
Good, and thanks. There's also amtm that ties them and much more nicely together.
I had a thought about enhancing the functionality...How difficult would it be to setup the tools to have blocked sites redirect to a web page (maybe using httpd?) on the router that notifies the user that the site is blocked? Of course it would be really awesome to figure out a way to add the blocked site/IP address directly from this web page, but at minimum, it would be nice to know via the web page that the site you are trying to access is being blocked by the router.

In my mind it could work similar to how pixelserv works.
You will get tired of seeing that very quickly and it has been asked before. My answer is still no, for technical reasons and for sillyness.

Say, on this very website we are on, about 5 domains are blocked. What would you expect this "enhancement" to do? Open up another tab (or 5) in the browser and tell you it just blocked them?
Or show the blocked content windows it blocked within the website and tell you it blocked the content?

I wouldn't expect the enhancement to change anything when a page has successfully loaded. Hide the content as designed.

I was thinking about how the system could handle when the page doesn't load at all. Probably more so when Skynet blocks something and the page times out. It would be helpful to know if it is the router blocking it or if it is some other issue.

I wouldn't expect the enhancement to change anything when a page has successfully loaded. Hide the content as designed.

I was thinking about how the system could handle when the page doesn't load at all. Probably more so when Skynet blocks something and the page times out. It would be helpful to know if it is the router blocking it or if it is some other issue.
It's still a No from me. In your above case pixelserv-tls already answers that for Diversion with its pad lock favicon for a secure site.
For Skynet this would be an absolute nightmare to code and is likely impossible to do.

For Skynet this would be an absolute nightmare to code and is likely impossible to do.
Webui statistics. Is what is possible. As Diversion and Skynet work together, ideally it is to add uiDivStats.

Webui statistics. Is what is possible. As Diversion and Skynet work together, ideally it is to add uiDivStats.
It's not what OP asked for.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!