What's new

Diversion Diversion spitting errors at random

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DonCatoli

Regular Contributor
Hi,

Running the latest version of Diversion on merlin 384.19 Diversion is not playing nice as while I run options I sometimes get the error "/opt/bin/diversion: line 52: can't fork", is this a known issue?
Today I also found pixelservu stoppign running twice. Up until Merlin 384.19 I've had no issues.

Your router is running out of memory.

Your router is running out of memory.

What are the minimal ram requirements for Merlin 384.19/386.1 and Diversion?, I have the 68U.
Seems that the swap file is not helping and this over all issue causing the USB stick to disconnect at random, this issue was also causing random DNS failures; removing Diversion resolved my issues.

What are the minimal ram requirements for Merlin 384.19/386.1 and Diversion?, I have the 68U.
Seems that the swap file is not helping and this over all issue causing the USB stick to disconnect at random, this issue was also causing random DNS failures; removing Diversion resolved my issues.
What size blocking list are you using in Diversion? The AC68U cannot really handle the Large list.

What size blocking list are you using in Diversion? The AC68U cannot really handle the Large list.

I left it with the default standard, the only difference I did recently was to enable the WebUI addin and youtube filtering.

I left it with the default standard, the only difference I did recently was to enable the WebUI addin and youtube filtering.
My other guess is that Pixelserv is blocking something stubborn and launching hundreds of threads consuming memory. Try running ps T and looking for 10s or 100s of pixelserv-tls threads.

I'm running an AC68U with 386.1 b1 and several add-ins - Diversion, FlexQoS, Skynet, etc using a 1 Gb USB flash drive, swap is 256 Mb, no problems (despite the dire warnings in the Skynet menu). I should add that I don't have dnsmasq & Diversion logging enabled (only set on when I'm trying to fix something).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-10 090851.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-10 090851.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 154

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!