What's new

Diversion Diversion 4.3.3 - the Router Ad-Blocker, released April 02 2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tried AD Guardian and then reverted to Diversion. In both cases, the ad blocker works until you enter the VPN via vpnmgr. Yet I used the same configuration on Asus AC68U, it worked, now on Asus AX82U it didn't

When I used the other router I never did this, and Diversion worked
Is it only impacting VPN client? Perhaps can cross check VPN DNS configuration, see if you have set it to Exclusive and thus bypassed local adblock. In Diversion, you can also follow the dnsmasq log and check if the impacted devices DNS query are processed here.

Is it only impacting VPN client? Perhaps can cross check VPN DNS configuration, see if you have set it to Exclusive and thus bypassed local adblock. In Diversion, you can also follow the dnsmasq log and check if the impacted devices DNS query are processed here.
I'm already using DNS configuration within the exclusive VPN. When I used the AC68 U I had the guest network in wan and everything else in VPN. Diversion blocked ads all the time, both in VPN and wan. Now with AX82 U I have the same configuration but Diversion does not work

I'm already using DNS configuration within the exclusive VPN. When I used the AC68 U I had the guest network in wan and everything else in VPN. Diversion blocked ads all the time, both in VPN and wan. Now with AX82 U I have the same configuration but Diversion does not work
Do you mean in DNS configuration page, Accept DNS Configuration is set to exclusive? How about DNS Director/DNS Filter setting?
Have you try run diversion, then enter f to follow the log. After that browse the internet and see if DNS query from the device is displayed in the log? The query has to go through it for Diversion to work.

I don’t know if this might help?

The final paragraph…..
I would imagine anything that could bypass DNS Privacy, would also bypass Diversion, hence allowing ads.

Last edited:
Nothing to do, Diversion still doesn't work. but even if you install Ad GuardianHome , the advertising still passes

Nothing to do, Diversion still doesn't work. but even if you install Ad GuardianHome , the advertising still passes
You need to change your VPN client to disabled if you want to use Diversion. Exclusive means you are not using your router for DNS.
1674749229138.png

You can verify where your DNS queries are going by using DNSMON.

I'm in an AirBNB where I have to have my router connected to the host's router, so this screenshot has private IP addresses for all senders. 192.168.18.0/24 is the host's network.
1674749486785.png
I have my router's WAN set up to use NordVPN's SmartDNS servers so I can access US content anywhere in the world. All clients are using Diversion. If you want to force this on the Guest network, you need to use YazFi.

1674749658847.png

You need to change your VPN client to disabled if you want to use Diversion. Exclusive means you are not using your router for DNS.

You can verify where your DNS queries are going by using DNSMON.

I'm in an AirBNB where I have to have my router connected to the host's router, so this screenshot has private IP addresses for all senders. 192.168.18.0/24 is the host's network.
I have my router's WAN set up to use NordVPN's SmartDNS servers so I can access US content anywhere in the world. All clients are using Diversion. If you want to force this on the Guest network, you need to use YazFi.

When I used Asus AC68 U it was set exactly like the AX82 U but Diversion blocked ads in both VPN and non-VPN channels. I'm already using Yazifi

try whitelisting these domains

Code:
account-paypal.com.api.binance.com
account-paypal.com.dev.api.binance.com
account-paypal.com.eu.api.binance.com
account-paypal.com.us.api.binance.com
api-m.paypal.com
api.paypal.com
b.stats.paypal.com
business.paypal.com
c6.paypal.com
c.paypal.com
creditapply.paypal.com
developer.paypal.com
epl.paypal-communication.com
geo.paypalobjects.com.akadns.net
glb.paypal.com
history.paypal.com
images.paypal.com
mobile.paypal.com
paypal.boomkat.com
paypal.ca
paypal.cn
paypal.com
paypal.com.au
paypal.com.br
paypal-communication.com
paypal-community.com
paypal.co.uk
paypal-customerfeedback.com
paypal.de
paypal-dynamic-map.fastly.net
paypal.map.fastly.net
paypal.me
paypal-nakit.com
paypalobjects.com
paypal-topup.ee
pics.paypal.com
slc.stats.paypal.com
t.paypal.com
uk.paypal-qrc.com
www.glb.paypal.com
www.paypal.com
www.paypal.com.edgekey.net
www.paypalobjects.com

here is how I obtained them

curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jumpsmm7/GeneratedAdblock/master/Allowed.list | grep paypal

Whitelist each one of these individually. if you have skynet, one of these are probably being blocked by it. Diversion will share these with skynet and fix your problem.

Thanks. Will have to try that, though not looking forward to having to go through this list one-by-one.

But if it were skynet, would this not be accounted for by disabling skynet? This still happens even when skynet is disabled. I can get to the 2fa page once diversion is disabled, skynet enable/disable has no effect.

Which is why I'm confused, as I don't see anything blocked in log, but it is definitely resolving the 2fa page once diversion is disabled

Thanks. Will have to try that, though not looking forward to having to go through this list one-by-one.

But if it were skynet, would this not be accounted for by disabling skynet? This still happens even when skynet is disabled. I can get to the 2fa page once diversion is disabled, skynet enable/disable has no effect.

Which is why I'm confused, as I don't see anything blocked in log, but it is definitely resolving the 2fa page once diversion is disabled
Yea so you should add those domains through diversion then.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!