What's new

Diversion Diversion 4.3.3 - the Router Ad-Blocker, released April 02 2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi!
Using Diversion, works fine. But recently there are lot of pages where at the bottom of the page a warning is fixed that I'm using adblocking. Quite annoying, especially on phone. Using Chrome most of the time. Any way to avoid this? Thanks!
Screenshot_20230224-122802_Chrome.jpg

I think that is part and parcel when ad-blocking. You can have the ads, but they all know if you avoid them these days.

I think that is part and parcel when ad-blocking. You can have the ads, but they all know if you avoid them these days.
Well, there are some adblocking ways that already managed to prevent this message. Hopefully it can be done with Diversion too.

I just installed Diversion yesterday. There is 0 domains in white and black list. Does Diversion have built-in list? If so, is there a way to see that list? If not, is there a default list that I can have somewhere, like a "traditional" boilerplate?

Diversion is enabled and I still have TuneIn ads on my cellphone using my wifi. Can diversion block those ads?

Thanks

I just installed Diversion yesterday. There is 0 domains in white and black list. Does Diversion have built-in list? If so, is there a way to see that list? If not, is there a default list that I can have somewhere, like a "traditional" boilerplate?

Diversion 4.3.3 and amtm 3.5 are now available

What's new

- amtm can now keep a history of entered shell commands with sh. This is the same feature that Diversion always provided by default but has now been moved to amtm. The move from Diversion to amtm is seamless if Diversion is updated before amtm, no user interaction is necessary.
- Some grep coding fixes for newer grep versions.
- The Entware update function in ep will now display the list of up-gradable packages and ask if the update(s) should run. Entware services are automatically stopped before and restarted after the update.
- This long overdue update frees up my head for future things to come. Thanks for your patience.

How to update Diversion
Use u to update to this latest version.

Diversion 4.3.3 and amtm 3.5 are now available

What's new

- amtm can now keep a history of entered shell commands with sh. This is the same feature that Diversion always provided by default but has now been moved to amtm. The move from Diversion to amtm is seamless if Diversion is updated before amtm, no user interaction is necessary.
- Some grep coding fixes for newer grep versions.
- The Entware update function in ep will now display the list of up-gradable packages and ask if the update(s) should run. Entware services are automatically stopped before and restarted after the update.
- This long overdue update frees up my head for future things to come. Thanks for your patience.

How to update Diversion
Use u to update to this latest version.
Thank you so much for this @thelonelycoder .

I only had diversion install successfully but i had the router reset and now i can not install it anymore it fails no matter what.
Router: RT-AC86U
I get error : Entware (aarch64) install failed
Any help/suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

1681656122426.png

Did you format the drive with "fd" under amtm? If the files already exist entware may not want to overwrite them.

I get error : Entware (aarch64) install failed
Any help/suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Is there any output between the Installing (Entware version), using external script and the install failed line?

If not, run this directly in the terminal and see what happens, this is the external script that installs Entware.
This will download the file. Post output if this:
Code:
wget https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/installer/generic.sh

Is there any output between the Installing (Entware version), using external script and the install failed line?

If not, run this directly in the terminal and see what happens, this is the external script that installs Entware.
This will download the file. Post output if this:
Code:
wget https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/installer/generic.sh
Thanks @thelonelycoder - i was able to install entware with the link, and some additional process on http://www.giuseppeparrello.it/en/net_router_install_entware.php
Diversion installed ✌️

Hi!
I have
Diversion 4.1.12 @
R6300V2 (armv7l) FW-380.70
When trying to update using U command I recieve an error

Error Failed to retrieve version info from diversion.ch
Trying to force update using UU command returns

Error diversion download failed,
Run update again.

Trying to reinstall using
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/install && sh install
gives just nothing happen - no errors, no results, no messages.

What I`m doing wrong?
Maybe the server is down?
Thanks.

Last edited:
What I`m doing wrong?
Model specific related error probably.

Thank you.
But earlier I was able to install the Diversion by curl an install commands...
That model is not supported, only for genuine asus router.

Hi!
I have
Diversion 4.1.12 @
When trying to update using U command I recieve an error

Trying to reinstall using
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/install && sh install
gives just nothing happen - no errors, no results, no messages.

What I`m doing wrong?
Maybe the server is down?
Thanks.
You run Asuswrt-Merlin firmware on unsupported hardware and therefore illegally.
No support is given on this forum.

You run Asuswrt-Merlin firmware on unsupported hardware and therefore illegally.
No support is given on this forum.
Do not know that.
Thank you, will delete it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!