What's new

Diversion Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker v4.2.x (see new thread for 4.3.x)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello all,

Quick question, are you able to update Diversion through the SSH UI?

I'm having issues,
Failed to retrieve version info from
diversion.ch

See attachment

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.7 KB · Views: 127
I also tried it from AMTM (see picture)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 129
Hello all,

Quick question, are you able to update Diversion through the SSH UI?

I'm having issues,
Failed to retrieve version info from
diversion.ch

See attachment
Server is up and running, no problem here.
Your firmware is outdated and uses expired roo CA certificates. Time to upgrade the firmware or use an insecure connection or the workaround posted by @RMerlin as discussed here.

My weekly email with Diversion stats is getting blocked by my email server as spam -- "objectionable content detected". Looks like I have a new project here, puzzling out what is going on.

My weekly email with Diversion stats is getting blocked by my email server as spam -- "objectionable content detected". Looks like I have a new project here, puzzling out what is going on.
Watch what your watching. It might show up in the stats ;)

If it's gmail, try sending individual files, not an archive.

Watch what your watching. It might show up in the stats ;)
That would be pretty ironic. My cable provider blocking in their spam filters the crap they push to my TV!

Is this normal -

pixelserv-tls (not running)

i can stop/start/restart etc. and it will be momentarily be reporting RUNNING and then go back to NOT RUNNING.

Normal?

See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 18.29.05.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 18.29.05.png
    253 KB · Views: 87
Is this normal -

pixelserv-tls (not running)

i can stop/start/restart etc. and it will be momentarily be reporting RUNNING and then go back to NOT RUNNING.

Normal?

See attached.
Do you start it through Diversion?
Check the Syslog while restarting.

Interestingly the Amazon shopping app on Android goes into UH OH ERROR mode after loading and being online for 5 or so seconds. Turn WI-FI OFF and Mobile Data ON and it works. Any idea how or what I must do in Diversion to make sure the Amazon app works?

Figured it out.

Added amazon.co.uk and amazon.com to whitelist. Wish there was a way to just add the exact URL

fls-eu.amazon.co.uk
device-metrics-us.amazon.com

Is there a way to exclude a client from being hit by Diversion? My Satellite box is not displaying the EPG presumably because it might be blocked by diversion. Ill do some tests later/tomorrow but curious if you can whitelist a host address?

I'm trying to monitor Diversion ad-blocking statistics by reading diversion.conf and filtering the following parameters.
Code:
blockedDomains
adsBlocked
adsWeek
adsLastCount
adsCounter
These parameters seem to be updated every 12h or when ads-counter auto-update is On and we access Diversion's UI.

I was wondering, is there another source for these data other then "diversion.conf", possibly somewhere that is updated more often?

I'm trying to monitor Diversion ad-blocking statistics by reading diversion.conf and filtering the following parameters.
Code:
blockedDomains
adsBlocked
adsWeek
adsLastCount
adsCounter
These parameters seem to be updated every 12h or when ads-counter auto-update is On and we access Diversion's UI.

I was wondering, is there another source for these data other then "diversion.conf", possibly somewhere that is updated more often?
How about this under diversion?
Code:
ac  update ads counter   Auto-update  au  off

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!