What's new

Diversion Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker v4.2.x (see new thread for 4.3.x)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see.
Yes, I can update those counter by selecting the manual update option, by using the [semi]auto-update option or by commanding the update from CLI.
These are all manual actions.
What I was searching for was a native source for those parameters that would be updated more often and automatically. I could not find one yet.

I guess that's not an option.

i have trouble with reinstalling amtm & diversion.

it always says that:

139017538-5a5992be-cd10-423e-b6fc-7596cc988d92.png

i was successfully using amtm and diversion for several years now.

the last reinstallation seems to bring some changes with certificates.

im stucking at the merlin firmware 380.70 on my router.

thx a lot for ideas.

admin@superbe:/tmp/mnt/sda1/entware# curl https://diversion.ch/amtm_fw/unbound_manager.mod
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
the -k (or --insecure) option.
HTTPS-proxy has similar options --proxy-cacert and --proxy-insecure.

cant be my date of the router:

admin@superbe:/tmp/mnt/sda1/entware# date
Wed Oct 27 14:09:12 MEZ 2021

Last edited:
i have trouble with reinstalling amtm & diversion.

it always says that:

View attachment 37046

i was successfully using amtm and diversion for several years now.

the last reinstallation seems to bring some changes with certificates.

im stucking at the merlin firmware 380.70 on my router.

thx a lot for ideas.

admin@superbe:/tmp/mnt/sda1/entware# curl https://diversion.ch/amtm_fw/unbound_manager.mod
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
the -k (or --insecure) option.
HTTPS-proxy has similar options --proxy-cacert and --proxy-insecure.

cant be my date of the router:

admin@superbe:/tmp/mnt/sda1/entware# date
Wed Oct 27 14:09:12 MEZ 2021
Are you using a linksys ea6400 router?

Check this:

No more discussion over your problem here, sorry. Get help for illegal xwrt-vortex firmware somewhere else ( https://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?forums/other-firmware-projects.21/ ).

I see.
Yes, I can update those counter by selecting the manual update option, by using the [semi]auto-update option or by commanding the update from CLI.
These are all manual actions.
What I was searching for was a native source for those parameters that would be updated more often and automatically. I could not find one yet.

I guess that's not an option.
I haven't tried but if there's a terminal command, couldn't you setup a cron job?

I had recently scrapped pihole and went to the Diversion entware scripts rout including Skynet, pixelserv-tls, and unbourd DNS all active and running (verified). Ad blocking working fine so far on my RT-AX88U. Part of the reason for going in this direction was with a ASUS AIMesh system router/AP mode set with an older RT-68U....I had nothing but problems with trying to set DHCP via the pihole on this system.

My question is fairly simple as I'm just not seeing it...how do you add additional url blocklists to Diversion? I have FS block list set to "Large" with no issues. I have similar blocklist URLs (like the above lists in this post) I'd like to add from when I ran the the pihole that I like.

Thanks.....

I had recently scrapped pihole and went to the Diversion entware scripts rout including Skynet, pixelserv-tls, and unbourd DNS all active and running (verified). Ad blocking working fine so far on my RT-AX88U. Part of the reason for going in this direction was with a ASUS AIMesh system router/AP mode set with an older RT-68U....I had nothing but problems with trying to set DHCP via the pihole on this system.

My question is fairly simple as I'm just not seeing it...how do you add additional url blocklists to Diversion? I have FS block list set to "Large" with no issues. I have similar blocklist URLs (like the above lists in this post) I'd like to add from when I ran the the pihole that I like.

Thanks.....
b, 1, 2, 1

Welcome to the forum…….:)

I'll give that a go...

Any issues with how many url's or size of the actual number of the block list?

And I've been reading and learning on this forum since I bought the AX-88U last year...this is an excellent router and group that supports it!

I'll give that a go...

Any issues with how many url's or size of the actual number of the block list?

And I've been reading and learning on this forum since I bought the AX-88U last year...this is an excellent router and group that supports it!

Not really, BUT, more is not necessarily better.
IMHO, blocking millions(?) of domains will ultimately slow your router down….

A great choice here:

Be sure to set the ‘software’ parameter to Diversion, so you don’t see incompatible stuff. Have fun! ;)

Not really, BUT, more is not necessarily better.
IMHO, blocking millions(?) of domains will ultimately slow your router down….

A great choice here:

Be sure to set the ‘software’ parameter to Diversion, so you don’t see incompatible stuff. Have fun! ;)
Ok....had no issues adding a few URLs "I've found to be good" to add to my block lists...thanks

What do you mean by "software parameter". I'm assuming it's a setting in Asus-Merlin but couldn't find it in Diversion's UI.

From my question above are you talking about the Firewall tab "URL Filter" setting? I'm thinking I need to be using this tab with Diversion & Skynet...right. If so, where do I point the black list to...the file location in entware?

See screenshot....
Screenshot 2021-10-31 074355.jpg

Ok....had no issues adding a few URLs "I've found to be good" to add to my block lists...thanks

What do you mean by "software parameter". I'm assuming it's a setting in Asus-Merlin but couldn't find it in Diversion's UI.
Filterlists.com > the ‘software’ drop down.

From my question above are you talking about the Firewall tab "URL Filter" setting? I'm thinking I need to be using this tab with Diversion & Skynet...right. If so, where do I point the black list to...the file location in entware?

See screenshot....View attachment 37106
No, unrelated.

Blocklist amendment is done within Diversion as per my initial reply. (post #130).

After updating, I cannot get to any of the IM chats in many differing pages. Such as The Hill or Fox. I see this. If I disable Diversion works perfect everywhere.
Looking trhough log and adding all URLs I see blocked in the page does not help
1635802138810.png

Having trouble getting the youtube blocking to work. Using Diversion 4.2 on an AC68U
I get this:
/opt/bin/dig: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Followed by "Youtube IP is not valid"
I did a force update uu and a reset of the dnsmasq.log and watched a few ads as recommended. Any further ideas?

Hello all,

I just loaded Diversion back up after resetting the trusty ax88u. For some reason now my ad-blocking IP isn't pointing towards my pixelserv IP, as shown above. Is there a way to manually configure it to point to my reserved pixelserv LAN IP address?

Hello all,

I just loaded Diversion back up after resetting the trusty ax88u. For some reason now my ad-blocking IP isn't pointing towards my pixelserv IP, as shown above. Is there a way to manually configure it to point to my reserved pixelserv LAN IP address?
ep, 5

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!