What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nice!

But a plea from a sometimes frustrated user: can we put all the add-ons in the ADDONS tab? I understand that some of them are related to other functions (e.g., Skynet is firewall, etc.), but it would seem more intuitive to have them in one place.

(Or maybe make the location be user-selectable?)

I gotta agree with you. I’d prefer them all in one location as well.

What I'm (finally) working on, this is just a teaser and far from finished and complete.

gIHQ7Af.png
thelonelycoder,
Thank you for naming the tab as "Diversion" vs "Diversion Stats" so that we get a little more real estate for more tabs :)

It appears to be a settings page, not a stats page?

Labels something like “Div Set” for the forthcoming @thelonelycoder page, and “Div Stat” for the @Jack Yaz uiDivStats page perhaps?
Especially since it appears those two tabs may end up side by side on the LAN side-menu?

Last edited:
Labels something like “Div Set” for the forthcoming @thelonelycoder page, and “Div Stat” for the @Jack Yaz uiDivStats page perhaps?
Especially since it appears those two tabs may end up side by side on the LAN side-menu?
It's going to be Diversion and uiDivStats for the two tabs in the LAN menu.

Not happy, the Entware maintainers have decided to remove the package zip from their repository for ARM and HND routers. The oldish MIPSEL based routers are not affected by this.
I don't know exactly when that happened but it affects existing Diversion installations if the backup function is set to use zip as the compression.
When already installed, zip will work, just don't accidentally remove that Entware package.

Can someone give me the best alternate Entware package name that makes Windows compatible zip files?
Thanks.

What I'm (finally) working on, this is just a teaser and far from finished and complete.

Just an FYI on the image hosting site you are using. I currently am using CleanBrowsing for DNS, and they are blocking i.imgur.com (and imgur.com). So, all I get for the posted images now is a '[ IMG ]' placeholder. Since CleanBrowsing is one of the options made available by default in Asuswrt-Merlin, I'm not inclined to switch it off entirely or make any exceptions for any devices (I know I can do so easily enough via the DNSFilter tab in LAN). I also know this is my choice, but wanted there to be an awareness none-the-less. Thanks!

Just an FYI on the image hosting site you are using. I currently am using CleanBrowsing for DNS, and they are blocking i.imgur.com (and imgur.com). So, all I get for the posted images now is a '[ IMG ]' placeholder. Since CleanBrowsing is one of the options made available by default in Asuswrt-Merlin, I'm not inclined to switch it off entirely or make any exceptions for any devices (I know I can do so easily enough via the DNSFilter tab in LAN). I also know this is my choice, but wanted there to be an awareness none-the-less. Thanks!
I see no reason why that site should be blocked, its image hosting is used extensively by many. I remember back when one reddit user announced to code it just to allow non-obnoxious image hosting for that platform.
Most other image hosters suck, while I admit that in the past years imgur got a bit overboard with how they display content.
Nonetheless, the site is still my preferred image hoster and I have no plans to change that.

Try to get in contact with the CleanBrowsing guys and ask for reasons.

I've had to turn off Diversion this morning as following a Bitdefender Total Security update, the software is throwing up tons of warnings about suspicious certificates. I tried replacing the Pixelserv certificate to see if that would solve the issue, but it hasn't, so I have had to disable Diversion for the time being and go back to using uBlock Origin.

I've had to turn off Diversion this morning as following a Bitdefender Total Security update, the software is throwing up tons of warnings about suspicious certificates. I tried replacing the Pixelserv certificate to see if that would solve the issue, but it hasn't, so I have had to disable Diversion for the time being and go back to using uBlock Origin.

You could disable pixelserv-tls in ep, then adblocking will work, without the cert errors.
The blocking IP auto-changes to 0.0.0.0

You could disable pixelserv-tls in ep, then adblocking will work, without the cert errors.

Pixelserv disabled solved a number of strange issues here. Been running that way for some weeks now, all appears fine.

What is the t, w, n means in
0 t 0 w 0 n ads since ?
total, week, new ads since last count. The ads are counted twice daily at 5:20 and 17:20. Use ac to manually update.

The only trouble is you then start to see these kind of messages appearing on web pages.
Screenshot - 21_04_2020 , 16_01_04.png

Does anyone know why this might have occurred? Does the problem likely lie with Bitdefender as that is the only thing I am aware of that has changed since yesterday, when everything was working OK? I suppose I could try uninstalling it temporarily, but then I would have the hassle of reconfiguring it (it doesn't have an option to save the configuration file like Kaspersky does).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!