What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hmm, have you read the instructions at https://diversion.ch/faq-reader/how-to-exclude-a-client-from-ad-blocking.html ?

They state to set Global Filter Mode to "No Filtering"... and then select the file that you don't to use Diversion for DNS.

What do you mean by "File" ? There's no mention of any "file" on the website and that instructions is for excluding a Cleint from using Diversion and you can do that easily with the help of client list without interfering with the Global Filter.

What do you mean by "File" ? There's no mention of any "file" on the website and that instructions is for excluding a Cleint from using Diversion and you can do that easily with the help of client list without interfering with the Global Filter.
Client, I meant ;-)

Client, I meant ;-)

Yeah so just leave the Global Filter at Router mode and use the Cleint List given below to add the MAC address of the device you want to exclude from Diversion and change the filter mode from there.

The files are in the folders in /opt/share/diversion (/opt being the entware folder on your USB drive). If configured, I'd use the backup function from within Diversion, using c, 3 and 2.
Thanks @M@rco. Is there a restore function as well? Or would I just copy the files back into the proper directory after reinstallation and then process?

Thanks @M@rco. Is there a restore function as well? Or would I just copy the files back into the proper directory after reinstallation and then process?
No restore option. Just copy over the files into /opt/share/diversion/list then update the blocking file manually, it does all in one go.

Yeah so just leave the Global Filter at Router mode and use the Cleint List given below to add the MAC address of the device you want to exclude from Diversion and change the filter mode from there.
I am under the impression that the behavior you are describing is achieved when Global Filter is set to "No filtering". Is that wrong?

Or is "No filtering" and "Router Mode" as setting for the Global mode the same?

I am under the impression that the behavior you are describing is achieved when Global Filter is set to "No filtering". Is that wrong?

Or is "No filtering" and "Router Mode" as setting for the Global mode the same?

Don't mix the two settings, they're separate.

Suppose you have 5 devices and you only want one of them to bypass Diversion, you set the Global Filter Mode to Router instead of "No Filtering" so that the four devices are forced to always use your router DNS server ( and Diversion will work for them ) and you'll simply add the device you want to bypass in the client list and set separate filtering level for that one device only.

Don't mix the two settings, they're separate.

Suppose you have 5 devices and you only want one of them to bypass Diversion, you set the Global Filter Mode to Router instead of "No Filtering" so that the four devices are forced to always use your router DNS server ( and Diversion will work for them ) and you'll simply add the device you want to bypass in the client list and set separate filtering level for that one device only.
What you describe is exactly what is stated at https://diversion.ch/faq-reader/how-to-exclude-a-client-from-ad-blocking.html - but, as explained there, with the Global Filter is set to "No filtering".

This is confusing... So what is the correct behavior ?

What you describe is exactly what is stated at https://diversion.ch/faq-reader/how-to-exclude-a-client-from-ad-blocking.html - but, as explained there, with the Global Filter is set to "No filtering".

This is confusing... So what is the correct behavior ?

Your goal is different.
You want to FORCE all your devices including Chromecast and Roku etc to use Diversion and bypass only one device that's why you have to use Global Filter set to Router.

And use Cleint List to exclude that one device from using your router DNS server.

If you use "No Filtering" it'll disable the DNSFilter and the devices with hard coded DNS server will bypass Diversion.

Hi, my first post here. Using Diversion on 384.7 on an AC86U. It's a great program - thank you so much!

However, I ran into one problem over SSH which I can't find an answer to in the Use guide or FAQ or program itself: I started following the dnsmasq.log file with the command f, then 3 for "Filtered by blocked domains" and I'm getting useful output, but how do I exit the follow? I tried e, E, q, Q, x, X, Esc and a few other things, but I just can't get out of the follow and back to the Diversion menu.

Last edited:
Hi, my first post here. Using Diversion on 384.7 on an AC86U. It's a great program - thank you so much!

However, I ran into one problem over SSH which I can't find an answer to in the Use guide or FAQ or program itself: I started following the dnsmasq.log file with the command f, then 3 for "Filtered by blocked domains" and I'm getting useful output, but how do I exit the follow? I tried e, E, q, Q, x, X, Esc and a few other things, but I just can get out of the follow and back to the Diversion menu.
I think ctrl-c

Thanks! I now see that if you select option 1, "Unfiltered log" then the instruction for how to exit is given, but it isn't given when you choose options 2-4. As a noob, I had only tried option 3.
Noted, thanks.

Hi guys,

i flashed Asuswrt-Merlin yesterday and i tryed to install Diversion, but something is wrong with the installation, i see some errors like "nonexistent directory".

✔ Asus RT-AC56U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
✔ JFFS custom scripts enabled on the router
✔ ext2 USB Stick

Maybe someone can help me.

Attachments

• diversion.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 401
Hi guys,

i flashed Asuswrt-Merlin yesterday and i tryed to install Diversion, but something is wrong with the installation, i see some errors like "nonexistent directory".

✔ Asus RT-AC56U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
✔ JFFS custom scripts enabled on the router
✔ ext2 USB Stick

Maybe someone can help me.
The /jffs/ partition is read only. In the router WebUI under System set to format /jffs/ at next boot.
Then reboot.
Then install Diversion again.

Hello and thanks for a great product!

I have a question. When diversion (standard with standard blocking file) is enabled it blocks the function of my youtube view history.
If I disable diversion the list will update with videos I've watched plus I can see the thin red line at the bottom which indicates how much of each video I watched.
When I enable diversion again the list will no longer update. It is still there, just not updating.

Is there a way to fix this?

/Lyrath

Any help on this would be appreciated.

At some point a total reset has to be done. Then re-enable jffs and install to it. Make sure you have a worthy USB drive. Make sure you check into these things or you are wasting your time.:rolleyes:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!