1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Diversion - Whitelist exemptions for google

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by xuv224, Dec 7, 2019.

1. xuv224

xuv224 New Around Here

I have added a few entries to the white list to allow google search results through. I added these:
    adservice.google.com
    adservices.google.com
    analytics.google.com
    googleadservices.com

However, google results are still being blocked.
    It was suggested to simply add the main domain, google.com and the software will automatically find all related entries. When I try that, Diversion displayed some 200+ links to be added. Many of those appear fishy. It should not be necessary to allow all those entries just to be able to see Google results.

Does anyone know what the correct whitelist entry (or entries) are?

Thanks,
    Marco

a5m likes this.
  2. bluepoint

bluepoint Very Senior Member

Open diversion to follow log(f), filtered by block domain(3), then try a google search to see what's being blocked. Use the blocked entries to whitelist.

a5m likes this.
  3. Andy1932

Andy1932 Regular Contributor

4. xuv224

xuv224 New Around Here

Thank you. The log showed that "googleadservices.com" was being blocked, which I had already previously whitelisted. But the message said that the request was denied by the "blocking list". So I went to the main menu and selected "b" for blocking list and then option 4 to update that list. After that completed, all issues were resolved.

a5m likes this.
  5. bluepoint

bluepoint Very Senior Member

The first time you added googleadservices.com to the whitelist you might have missed to process the whitelist. What was added to whitelist will not take effect until you process. Steps to add a domain to whitelist.
    a. el edit list
    b. 1 edit whitelist
    c. 1 add domain
    d. 3 process whitelist

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019