1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Diversion - wildcard whitelist?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Rob Q, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Rob Q

Rob Q Regular Contributor

I want to add multiple domains to the whitelist but since I'm not sure of their excat name, I am hoping to use the wildcard feature.
    For example, I want to order something online from BestBuy but Diversion is blocking the reserve in store page. Since I don't know the exact URL, I was hoping to add everything from bestbuy.ca so it doesn't screw up my order. That's just one of my scenarios.
    In the meantime, I'm going to keep it disabled until I can find a way to do this.
    upload_2019-1-17_17-8-1.png

2. skeal

skeal Part of the Furniture

Everything you need is right here. just keep reading.;):)

3. Rob Q

Rob Q Regular Contributor

Thanks. I'll check it out.
    I'm not saying that it's not a good program, in fact I think it's an excellent little program and it's doing it's job to well. lol
    But yeah, kudos to @thelonelycoder for a job well done. :)

4. dave14305

dave14305 Senior Member

You need some experience using the Diversion f function to watch the log for blocked domains while you browse the site giving you problems. Whitelisting *.bestbuy.com might not help at all, because the page could be choking on a domain from an ad network, not bestbuy.com.

When you see a red entry show onscreen while browsing the site, whitelist that individual domain and refresh the bestbuy site and try again. It’s possible that first whitelisted domain will unleash a new domain that also needs to be whitelisted. Eventually it will work as you want.