What's new

DLNA not being seen on PS3 boot; AC68, 374.72

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ezflrouting

Occasional Visitor
Router: RT-AC68R
F/W: 374.72-Merlin

I have a 1TB WD Passport drive connected via USB 3.0 port to the AC68R and formatted to ext3. In both the router and HD firmware, the drive is set not to fall asleep, which it doesn't (always active/on).

The problem that I have is when I load my PS3, the router's DLNA server is not seen. It finally shows up in a minute or two after I log into the router, click on USB application, then Media Servers, and get to the state of the DLNA server -- which is "Idle".

Of course, I'd like to have it automatically display upon PS3 bootup, but I'm not sure how to achieve this, which was normal behavior with my RT-N16 on TomatoUSB.

If it helps or matters, I have two folders in my drive's root, one of which is labeled "share" and contains Music, Videos, Pictures, and of course, the minidlna folders. This is the only reference to applicable DLNA content on my drive in the router. Everything indexes and is accounted for.

Any help would be appreciated... :confused: