What's new

DNDS/access point help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NHH

New Around Here
Good evening,
I recently upgraded to an RT-86u from an N56 that has served well. I wanted better wifi, speed, and VPN. I installed the 86u, as the main router, and changed the 56u to be an access point. To optimize speeds, all the slower stuff - N channel and lower is joined to the n56 access point and show up as wired items on the 86u. Performance is great, as are the new capabilities on the app, and coverage meets my needs throughout the house for 2800 soft.

The problem is that when I moved the N56 to access point move, I did not disable ddns on the N56, so I cannot add it to the new router. I cannot find the old router/access point on the network any longer. I re-IP'd the network for security and to separate some of my cameras from the rest of the network, using the 10.0.0.1 for the router instead of 192.168.1.1. How do I find the old access point? I have tried Fing, as well as the network map on the 86u router, and no luck.

Really want to restore my nice dons, I have had it for a long time and it is short and sweet.
Thanks in advance.

Definitely not the guy to offer you advice on this issue, but I do have an AC86U and AC68U as an AP. Shouldn't the N56 be on the same subnet as the 86U, example 192.168.50.xxx. Maybe someone familiar with this can offer a better answer and we can both learn something. That's why I come here is to learn.

Connect n56 directly to the PC only and set an fix IP from within 86U subnet, reconnect to your network and you should see it now with this IP.
Or have a look in 86U client list which IP your 56N got.