What's new

DNS based filtering

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

paweln

New Around Here
I do use router RT-AC68U with 380.66_6 software.

Whenever I try to enable DNS based filtering I can't connect to the network at all (devices are not getting IP).
Anyone observe similar problem?
Anyone uses DN filter and could advise how should I set it up?

Greetings,
Pawel

which nat loop back mode, and are you using forced?

Pawel, please tell us what the filters are; you could include a good screenshot for example. And tell us what you are trying to achieve. Also tell us what your WAN DNS settings are (and confirm you have not set anything on the LAN DNS page).

also make sure nat loop back is set to asus

I would liek to force devices used by my kids to connect to the net with "child safe DNS"... for now doesn't matter for me if it will be openDNS or Norton.
I have been checking all filters (/DNSFilter.asp) one by one (for all the same results - once filter enabled: device is not getting IP anymore)

What's more: in case I only enable "DNS based filtering" and do have everywhere "no filtering" - it's enough to block devices from getting IP

ON Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp I do have enabled "Enable the DHCP Server", "Advertise router's IP in addition to user-specified DNS", "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" & "Enable DNSSEC support"

In addition I do use manual IP assignment fo some devices on my network.

disable advertise routers ip, and dnssec, also disable forward upstream dns unless your running a pi hole or windows server, nat loopback is in firewall.

Pawel, with DNS filtering On, please try setting the Global Filter Mode to Router, and then in the client list at the bottom of the page, put in the clients you want to have the child filters and set accordingly to which one you want. You might need to experiment with different ones to check it's working as you want.

What are your 2 DNS server settings under the WAN page?

... Global Filter Mode to Router, and then in the client list at the bottom of the page, put in the clients you want to have the child filters and set accordingly to which one you want...
works now. Thank You.
Most probably I will use "openDNS home" so I could customize it adding polish sites :)