What's new

DNS filtering not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

calvin tran

Occasional Visitor
I enabled the dns filtering and added device specific filtering with CleanBrowsing Family. Then I visited test websites and none of urls that are labels as nudity or sex contents got blocked. I wanted to set the rules for my kids' devices. I tested with rt-ac68u, 86u and fw v16 and v17. What did I misss? yhx

I enabled the dns filtering and added device specific filtering with CleanBrowsing Family. Then I visited test websites and none of urls that are labels as nudity or sex contents got blocked. I wanted to set the rules for my kids' devices. I tested with rt-ac68u, 86u and fw v16 and v17. What did I misss? yhx
why don't you try the AiProtection parental control menu, it worked fine for me.

Show us a couple of screen snips of your DNS filtering pages. :)

I will try AiProtection. Does it use TrendMicro DNS or internal algs which may affect the speed.

here you go
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png

Attachments

• screenshot3.png
    screenshot3.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 124
You tested those sites using one of those 2 Galaxy devices? Had you visited those test sites before on that device (could you have been looking at the cached site)?

uh, I set up the filter before visiting the test pages. I did clear the caches from my browsers and that didn't help.

uh, I set up the filter before visiting the test pages. I did clear the caches from my browsers and that didn't help.
And just to avoid any misunderstanding: you carried out your test using only one of the 2 Galaxy devices listed in the Client List, and not some other device?

That Sophos test site you went to doesn't do anything unless you're using Sophos UTM Web Protection. Same with OpenDNS's test site, you need to be using their DNS. Try going to a "real" naughty site. :eek:

Yes, he got me too. :)