What's new

Solved Solved

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can nslookup any website and confirm that the DNS server is not DoT but from my ISP

Which is normal, since DoT requires an accurate clock to work.

I think the RT-AC86U dnsmasq is still forwarding the dns requests to the upstream during this one-minute window. On my old 68U, dnsmasq does not seem to forward requests to the upstream, so I cannot resolve any websites, thus protecting me from the threat of DNS leaks.

Which would also mean it would be unable to resolve the NTP server address, preventing it from ever being able to synchronise it's clock.

Using the upstream resolver until the time NTP is set is perfectly normal, and required for DoT to ever become usable.

Which would also mean it would be unable to resolve the NTP server address, preventing it from ever being able to synchronise it's clock.

Using the upstream resolver until the time NTP is set is perfectly normal, and required for DoT to ever become usable.
I got it, thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!