What's new

DNS-O-Matic Errors

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abracadabra11

Regular Contributor
Recently registered a domain with cloudflare and was trying to setup DNS-O-Matic to serve as DDNS for a home-hosted site.

When I enter my details into the DDNS section of my router (RT-AX3000 running 386.4), I get the following errors in the log:

Code:
Jan  2 18:31:35 inadyn[9915]: Failed resolving hostname XXX.stream: No address associated with hostname
Jan  2 18:31:35 inadyn[9915]: Update forced for alias XXX.stream, new IP# XXX.XX.XXX.XXX
Jan  2 18:31:37 inadyn[9915]: Fatal error in DDNS server response:
Jan  2 18:31:37 inadyn[9915]: [200 OK] nohost
Jan  2 18:31:37 inadyn[9915]: Unrecoverable error 47, exiting ...
Jan  2 18:31:37 inadyn[9915]: Error code 47: Unknown error

I have DNS-O-Matic setup as specified on the cloudflare site (https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/e...ynamic-IPs-in-Cloudflare-DNS-programmatically):
  • Email: <CLOUDFLARE ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS>
  • API Token: <CLOUDFLARE GLOBAL API KEY>
  • Domain: <example.com>
  • Hostname: dynamic
Any tips for troubleshooting?

Haven't been able to get DNS-O-Matic and cloudflare DDNS working on 386.4 or 386.3_2.

Instead, I switched to using a docker container for cloudflare DDNS updates. Although I prefer to do it on the router, this method works.

Haven't been able to get DNS-O-Matic and cloudflare DDNS working on 386.4 or 386.3_2.

Instead, I switched to using a docker container for cloudflare DDNS updates. Although I prefer to do it on the router, this method works.
Not just dns-o-matic. Other dot services are not working properly either. Seems like a dnsmasq issue. lets hope merlin can sort it out.

Not just dns-o-matic. Other dot services are not working properly either. Seems like a dnsmasq issue. lets hope merlin can sort it out.
I will note that I had afraid.org operating without issue on my RT-AX3000 running 386.3_2 before I switched to cloudflare for a newly registered domain.