What's new

DNS-over-TLS on AX89?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

did you found any info that it is possible on stock AsusWRT?
It is possible for RMerlin FW but your router is not supported.

Asus is implementing DoT and DNS Filter along with some other goodies in its stock firmware. There is a Beta firmware for some routers that has these features and the last release for the AX86U has DoT/DNS Filter. So the rest will get it in time. For now you can use a Pi-Hole for DNS and set it up to use DoT. The set up is a bit techie.

did you found any info that it is possible on stock AsusWRT?
It is possible for RMerlin FW but your router is not supported.
The option is there but i dont know how to setup.

Here's a screenshot from UI.

dnsovertls.jpg

You only need to add Cloudflare servers in DNS-over-TLS Server List and click Apply at the bottom of the page.

1.1.1.1 (address), cloudflare-dns.com (TLS Hostname)
1.0.0.1 (address), cloudflare-dns.com (TLS Hostname)

Last edited:
You only need to add Cloudflare servers in DNS-over-TLS Server List and click Apply at the bottom of the page.

1.1.1.1 (address), cloudflare-dns.com (TLS Hostname)
1.0.0.1 (address), cloudflare-dns.com (TLS Hostname)
Thanks, where can I check if it works?
Whats the difference between the TLS-profiles "Strict" and "Opportunistic"?

There is a drop-down menu with preset DoT servers in Asuswrt Beta firmware, but I don't see it on your screenshot for some reason. This is perhaps what caused the little confusion. Is it working now?

There is a drop-down menu with preset DoT servers in Asuswrt Beta firmware, but I don't see it on your screenshot for some reason. This is perhaps what caused the little confusion. Is it working now?
All is working now, thanks for helping out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!