What's new

dnscrypt - initial questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
Just a few quick questions about dsncrypt. I have my router set to use Quad9 as my DNS resolver, but with reference to dnscrypt:
  1. Do I need it?
  2. Is it suitable for my router?
  3. If yes to both above, what options would I need to set during the installation?
  4. Would there be a noticeable slowdown when using the internet (I'm on BT's Full Fibre 500)?
At the moment, I only know how to start the installation process, viz:
Screenshot - 06_11_2022 , 14_11_42.jpg

Just a few quick questions about dsncrypt. I have my router set to use Quad9 as my DNS resolver, but with reference to dnscrypt:
  1. Do I need it?
  2. Is it suitable for my router?
  3. If yes to both above, what options would I need to set during the installation?
  4. Would there be a noticeable slowdown when using the internet (I'm on BT's Full Fibre 500)?
At the moment, I only know how to start the installation process, viz:
View attachment 45229
Here is the correct forum space to ask such questions:

The simple approach is to use DoT on the router as @Tech9 suggest; however, if you are finding you are having trouble using the servers you like with DoT, then dnscrypt installer is another option. It installs dnscrypt-proxy which supports -:
1667755889319.png