For those wanting quick access for the thread that has been discontinued.
Dnscrypt Installer for Asuswrt (DI_VERSION="v2.1.7")
There are installation instructions on the page or users can simply use option di courtesy of our favorite AMTM provided by @thelonelycoder .
This installer evolved from Dnscrypt-Proxy originally to supporting the newer Dnscrypt-Proxy-2.
Features of the Installer:
- Dnscrypt-proxy version 2 with DoH and DNSCrypt version 2 protocols, multiple resolvers, and other features
- Running as nobody through nonroot binary (using --user requires change to passwd)
- Support ARM based routers
- Support OpenDNS dynamic IP update by entering your OpenDNS account information
- Handling ntp update at router boot up by starting dnscrypt-proxy with cert_ignore_timestamp option
- Redirect all DNS queries on your network to dnscrypt if user chooses to using DNS Filter Option
- Install haveged/rngd for better speed with dnscrypt and other cryptographic applications
- Support various HW RNG such as TrueRNG (tested with v3), TrueRNGpro, OneRNG, EntropyKey
- Ability to setup a swap file
- Ability to setup timezone file (/etc/localtime) used by dnscrypt-proxy and other apps
- Ability to reconfigure dnscrypt-proxy without reinstalling unlike previous installer for dnscrypt-proxy version 1.x.x
- Ability to configure anonymized relay support per Dnscrypt server through menu option or Wildcard Relay Support to cover all dnscrypt servers.
- Support for NextDNS.io Account SDNS stamp as Static server.
- Support for addition of multiple static servers using SDNS Stamp and Custom Server Naming - can be mixed with servers on the resolvers list.
- Improved Installer/Update Functions.
- Installer can Backup Entire Dnscrypt-Proxy Setup for quick restore.
Any future adjustment to this installer will focus more on the future developments released by Dnscrypt-Proxy-2.
For those that wish to follow the progress of dnscrypt-proxy 2, information can be found on their github: