What's new

DNSCRYPT Script Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sebastien Bougie

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I have a quick question... I'm using the script and everything is working fine. But I will like to know if its possible to force some of my local IP's to use the 2nd DNS that I choose during the DNSCrypt setup script. For exemple all my IP's will use the OpenDNS regular and my kids computer will use the OPENDNS Family ....

I'M sure its probaly easy to do but i just dont know where to start

Thanks

Where do you get these settings from? You install dnscrypt choose a primary dns and a secondary dns and your done. To direct traffic to a specific dns you may want to try the settings in AI-Protection under dns filtering. Lots of support on this topic.
EDIT: Search "open dns routing"

Where do you get these settings from? You install dnscrypt choose a primary dns and a secondary dns and your done. To direct traffic to a specific dns you may want to try the settings in AI-Protection under dns filtering. Lots of support on this topic.
EDIT: Search "open dns routing"

My understanding is if i use the AI Protection DNS filtering it will bypass the DNSCRYPT Script. Is this the case?

Yes you need to use one or the other basically or some advanced settings I don't know about.