What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RickyPullan

New Around Here
Hi all,

I've been searching around trying to find an answer and haven't yet-- hoping someone can help.

I've setup x3mRouting's autoscan feature which had me add the following to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add:

log-async
log-queries
log-facility=/opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log

x3mRouting then searches through my dnsmasq.log file and pulls any domain name I specify and It's working flawlessly.

However, in the last 10 days I've seen my dnsmasq.log file go up to 1.7MB and contains almost 19,000 entries. Is there a control somewhere that will limit the size of my dnsmasq.log file or do I need to somehow manage the size myself? I'm concerned that the file will continue to grow, slowing down the x3mRouting scripts, and take-up unnecessary space or even take up ALL remaining space.

Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated!

/ripple

I’ve sometimes installed Diversion just to have it manage the dnsmasq log file. You could install it, enable logging, then disable the adblocking if you don't want it on.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!