What's new

DNSOMATIC can't connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnD5000

Very Senior Member
Trying to setup DDNS Dnsomatic in Merlin but keep getting an "Request error! Please try again." error. In username or email address, I have tried both. What am I doing wrong?

brave_bUmPEV3SRi.png

Do you have a Public IP on the WAN?

What firmware? What router? What other features/options or additional scripts are you running?

I had freedns.afraid.org DDNS setup (working) but want to setup OpenDNS Home (since it is customizable) on my son's tablet using the DNSFilter on LAN tab. DNSOMATIC will update the IP for afraid and OpenDNS (If I understand this correctly). So I thought I'd set up Dnsomatic account and connect afraid and OpenDNS to that account. Created account but I can not connect to it with Merlin.

I am running a standard connection, I connect to my cable (Comcast ) with a Arris SB82000 modem and the router to that. So I have a dynamic public IP. I am running a RT-AC86U and have Merlin 386.1. Running Skynet, FlexQoS, scribe,spdMerlin, uiScribe and the Entware package scripts through amtm.

Just read this in the 386.2 Alpha thread. Is there a bug for Dnsomatic in Merlin 386.1 ?

DDNS seems to be fixed in this alpha.

Tested AX86U and no longer getting abuse/ban from DNS-O-MATIC that I got from 386.1 and below (inc betas).

Got registration successful straight after upgrading firmware.

RT-AC86U to test (remotely) when I am brave enough....

On the screen shot above, the "Host Name" field shows "all.dnsomatic.com".

Did you try instead "yourdomainname.afraid.org" ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!