What's new

DNSOMATIC new API Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OFark

Occasional Visitor
DNSOMATIC have recently switched to OpenDNS Authentication, and at the same time, my router AX86U stopped being able to authenticate with them. I think (guess) this needs a tweak to get it working again.

Two things were going on here simultaneously: the DNSOMATIC service was having some issues for a little while (not sure if it was a few days or a couple of weeks), and even after that was repaired, the first version of 386.4 Alpha3 was still giving an error on the dyndns updates. The most recent (December 9-10?) version of 386.4 Alpha3 received a newer version of inadyn that has resolved all issues for me. Try that newest Alpha, or wait it out a little longer for a Beta or stable Release that includes this update.

Ours not working yet.

And email/username field only accepts 32 characters - our email is larger than that.

Ours not working yet.

And email/username field only accepts 32 characters - our email is larger than that.
Try using the username (which should be at the top near the IP address bar when you log in) or try setting up a cron job calling the update: cru a dnsomatic-sh "6 */6 * * * curl https://updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update?hostname= --basic --user username:password" <- updates every 6 hours at minute 6.

I don't know if putting the email address in place of the username works (I seem to recall it does), but that shouldn't have limits on length.

PS - mine is working; started over the weekend in while testing. I thought I'd solved the issue by myself, but no, it started working for everyone.

I'm always using the username, worked for years. Still getting "authentication failed" here - credentials are correct and they don't have special characters/symbols.

I too am using a username only (not full email address), and with no changes on my part, it started working again after the upgrade to the latest Alpha3. I did read in one of "their" forum threads that perhaps there are some restrictions on certain special characters, particularly when used at the start of a username/password.

I'm always using the username, worked for years. Still getting "authentication failed" here - credentials are correct and they don't have special characters/symbols.
I too am using a username only (not full email address), and with no changes on my part, it started working again after the upgrade to the latest Alpha3. I did read in one of "their" forum threads that perhaps there are some restrictions on certain special characters, particularly when used at the start of a username/password.
This might be the issue. Check the password complexity requirements on OpenDNS because those seem to differ from what I remember of the requirements on DoM. I changed my password as part of my initial troubleshooting (before I found out it was a wider issue than just me), to match the ODNS requirements.

I just ran a CLI update and it still works.