What's new

Do switches limit Simultaneous Connection?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrcua

New Around Here
The reason i asked is because i have a d-link dgs2205 gigabit switch connected to the dir-625 router. When connected to the router, i don't experience performance degradation when i have around 150-200 simultaneus connections on 1 pc. But if i moved the connection to the dgs-2205, i see slower download speeds and some sites would not load. I don't know if the switch also has its own limited simultaneous connection or maybe i just have a faulty switch.

Unmanaged switches do not use "sessions". They direct packets from physical port to physical port based on the MAC address in the packet.

Sounds like you have a bad switch.

yeah.. that's what i thought. I guess this one's going back to the shop.
Thanks Tim. Great website by the way. I love the reviews. I'm planning on getting a NAS and i'm very glad i found smallnetbuilder. Almost bought a Linkstation pro duo (they had it on sale 20% off). I'll probably be getting a linkstation pro XHL instead. More power to you guys!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!