1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Do Traffic Monitor logs need to be saved on USB or can i save them to WIndows

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by JonL23, Dec 16, 2017.

1. JonL23

JonL23 New Around Here

The monitor seems to keep losing data i can't check Dec 15th i guess i reseted the router and it was wiped, now my router thinks its the 17th (must have wrong time zone) but i was playing wround with settings and the 16th is gone, how can i save the logs to my PC https://i.imgur.com/B2L667t.png

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

You can only save the data to a USB drive attached to the router. You can also create a "network share" of the same USB drive so you can access it from a Windows PC. But the data file is not in a human-readable format so it's only of use to the router.

4. JonL23

JonL23 New Around Here

i see, so once i plug in the USB what would i do next, im guessing i have to mount it somehow, do i use putty or something?

5. ColinTaylor

When you plug in a USB drive the router will automatically mount it and it will appear in the various menu options.

Try it. It will become obvious.

Tip: Use the router's menus to create folders as required. Don't create them on a PC beforehand as this can sometimes lead to problems with permissions and the like.

6. JonL23

JonL23 New Around Here

OK, i ask because im new also i don't have a USB stick atm to try. thanks

7. ColinTaylor

No problem. This is the kind of thing you'll see when you have a USB drive plugged in and go to select a location:
    Untitled.png

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!