What's new

Do you guys solder?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

All of Logitech mice use OMRON(made in China) switches which have low quality, cheap price, low durability. All of them have double click issue.
It seems a common trend sadly. Either your mouse lasts for many years without any issue (like my previous Logitech G700S), or they start doubleclicking after less than a year (like my current Corsair Core RGB Pro). And buying a premium/gamer mouse is no guarantee there - those mouses rarely reach the specified number of clicks before they start having bouncing issues. In some case it might be bad software causing it however (as debouncing is typically handled in software, unless it gets really bad).

Funny story: I ended up fixing the double click issue with a drop of WD-40. It has been close to a year since that fix, and not only is my left click now quieter, it has never had any double click issue again. Kinda unexpected, I would have expected contact cleaning fluid to be more likely to help, but I didn't have any at hand. It was a last ditch effort, as I was ready to pull the trigger on buying a new mouse.

I have some Razer and ASUS which use Optical Switches. It's durable but feels so bad..
Interesting, as I was considering going with an optical switch mouse from Razer when my Corsair started having issues. It feels that different from mechanical switches?

It seems a common trend sadly. Either your mouse lasts for many years without any issue (like my previous Logitech G700S), or they start doubleclicking after less than a year (like my current Corsair Core RGB Pro). And buying a premium/gamer mouse is no guarantee there - those mouses rarely reach the specified number of clicks before they start having bouncing issues. In some case it might be bad software causing it however (as debouncing is typically handled in software, unless it gets really bad).

Funny story: I ended up fixing the double click issue with a drop of WD-40. It has been close to a year since that fix, and not only is my left click now quieter, it has never had any double click issue again. Kinda unexpected, I would have expected contact cleaning fluid to be more likely to help, but I didn't have any at hand. It was a last ditch effort, as I was ready to pull the trigger on buying a new mouse.

Interesting, as I was considering going with an optical switch mouse from Razer when my Corsair started having issues. It feels that different from mechanical switches?
They use those cheap switches. Because they make us buying more mice. Premium or gaming mice are same. Most of my mice are Premium or gaming mice.
The problem is not related in mouseware but switches. I had G700S long time ago. It's using 'D2FC-F-7N OMRON(made in China)' 20 mil switches. Durability is bad. OMRON(made in Japan) D2F-01F 5mil is better than D2FC-F-7N.

I don't recommend WD-40. Sometimes it works. But sometimes it doesn't wok. It corrodes copper parts in the switch actually. I recommend you this. I use this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXIJEYQ/?tag=snbforums-20
But it only works for shot period. I use it only for Nintendo Switch Joycons and XSX controllers. Switch replacement is the best. There is bad and confusing switch marketing tactic. For example, they say '10 mil click'.
'50 mil click'. It does not real 10 mil clicks. There is a condition to do so. 50 mil click under 60 operations/min. There is an OMRON(made in China) switch which has 50 mil clicks. There is an OMRON(made in japan) switch which has 20 mil clicks. Interestingly, OMRON(made in japan) 20 mil is
far better than 50 mil OMRON(made in China). The best OMRON(made in Japan) is D2F-F-3-7. Second one is D2F-01F, not great but good.

I don't like Optical switches. I have some Razer Viper and ASUS ROG mice models which are using Optical Switches. Durability is great. But it makes strange noise. It's hard to explain. The sound is like clicky metal sound? Some people like it. Try it. You may like it. I don't guarantee.;)
Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless without a garbage charging dork was $52 something last week. Also you may try ASUS ROG Chakram Wireless. There will be a newer version of Chakram Wireless which is Chakram X Wireless in a month. You don't have to solder the switch. You can just replace the switch with your fingers. It supports
both normal and optical switches. No soldering needed.
ASUS ROG Keris Wireless is good except a wheel and asymmetrical design:mad:. Small and light. You can just replace the switch with your fingers too.
However it doesn't support Optical Switches.
I have dozens of never opened Boxed mice...o_O

Last edited:
The problem is not related in mouseware but switches.
Bouncing is an inherent issue with any mechanical switch (not just mouses), it has to be taken into account by the software (which is usually referred to as "debouncing" at the technical level). Some mouse software make it configurable, others don't. A bad switch is typically one that bounces too much to be able to be accurately software-corrected.

I don't recommend WD-40. Sometimes it works. But sometimes it doesn't wok.
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it as a first fix either, I was at a point where it was either trying that, or buying a new mouse. In my case I got lucky, and it's been fine for over a year now.

. I recommend you this. I use this.
That's a contact cleaning fluid as I was referring to. I used to have a can in my workshop.

I had G700S long time ago. It's using 'D2FC-F-7N OMRON(made in China)' 20 mil switches. Durability is bad.
Maybe they switched parts over the years, since mine lasted through around 5 years of nightly MMO playing (and it was still working when I took it out of the drawer to use while I was attempting to disassemble the Corsair). The Corsair started having issues within its first year.

It seems to always be extreme. Back in the day, my first Microsoft Intellimouse lasted for years. Its replacement, exact same model, started having double click issues within a few months. So it either works for many years, or starts having issues within 6-12 months.

I don't like Optical switches. I have some Razer Viper and ASUS ROG mice models which are using Optical Switches. Durability is great. But it makes strange noise. It's hard to explain. The sound is like clicky metal sound? Some people like it. Try it. You may like it. I don't guarantee.;)
Maybe they are using some mechanism to provide tactical feedback (like some keyboard switches do), but haven't properly attuned things yet.

The fixed Corsair is still going strong, so I should be good for a few years before I have to look for a replacement. I expect there will be more good wireless alternatives then than there were when I last looked. My requirements have also lessened a bit, as I no longer explicitly want four side buttons (those were a must for my MMO playback back in the day).

I have heard of the switch issues. For what it’s worth my G903s (Both the Pixart 3366 and Hero versions have been fine, the Pixart one being from around release time). Most people with positive experiences generally don’t leave reviews or post skewing stats so it’s sometimes hard to know how frequent some of these issues are. I did have double click issues with their cheaper 15-30$ mice after like 2 years.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!