What's new

Do you login to your router daily?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
I do, I can't leave it alone, I wish I could, but I can't. Have to check if skynet or AIprotect have found any nastys.

Sometimes I wish I was normal like normal people.

Actually I don't, best fun ever.

As someone at work said, I have never seen anyone look so excited over changing Cat6 to Cat8 cables.

Hah, i do. Just to check if there are any package updates and to check the pfblockerNG logs if anything out of the ordinary. Typically only for a couple of minutes. Last night the pfsense 2.5.0 became available but i cannot do the update as i am working from home and the kids have vacation so i do not want to take the risk of something going wrong and internet access will be gone. This is something for an early Sunday morning when everyone else is still asleep.

and the kids have vacation so i do not want to take the risk of something going wrong and internet access will be gone
Welcome to my world.

I log in daily..... :)

I regularly log in to multiple routers every day.

As long as my own is providing me with the network and internet requirements I need, I may not log in for a week or more.

Reading the (entire) forums here helps keep my and my customer's routers up to date. For my network, usually minutes after reading the post (via OpenVPN, of course).

And even then, usually via amtm, with a quick peek at the last reboot stats.

If Diversion is blocking ads, if the network is responsive (i.e. Unbound is working) and if the router hasn't rebooted without me explicitly making it, and no updates are available, then there is really nothing to see.

Hello. My name is Clark. I am a daily router checker.
Since I have been attending this Forum, I no longer post my queries about log entries, temperature of router, will RMerlin support (unreleased router), when will the next (alpha, beta, Release) be issued, and I read the Release Notes/Change Logs.
Thank You
There are usb drives and assorted cables on the back table.

Stay Safe Everyone

Last edited:
Anything on any of my systems that need to be checked is automated. After 40 years of this I'd rather spend my free hours reading about stuff than digging through logs and stats on dozens of systems. *They* can email *me* if there is something going on out of the ordinary. I've written thousands of lines of code so I can be hands off for weeks or months
:)

@dosborne
I typically take a quick look in the morning, after reading this Forum.
Realizing my system is working (despite my foolishness), and I sigh a breath and have a drink of coffee.
Not a good feeling to hear:
"MOM, Dad Screwed Up The Internet, AGAIN!
or
"The Kids Didn't Log into School Today, because the internet was down!"
The Kids scream, since it is invokes a more expeditious response.
The Wife has "The Look" and "The Tone".
I know, just rationalizing my own imagined importance, since my teenagers know everything.

Stay Safe Everyone

Last edited:
Almost...

No, I want to not log in to my router everyday. If things are working fine, then I do not want to.

I log in weekly, however, on my UDM-Base because they cannot seem to get the firmware correct for that, and typically I reboot it.

The only time I want to look at the stats is when there is something wrong or someone screams at me cause the internet suck

Welcome to Routers Anonymous.

Our 12-step program will help you learn to deal with your dependency.

My name is Noah and I'm a routerholic.

I do a monthly audit via Ubiquiti UNMS and Dynatrace. This includes 30+ customer locations running EdgeRouters/Fortigate/Peplink/Mikrotik/Untangle for WAN, Cisco/HPE/Juniper switching, and Ruckus/Cisco for wifi. Box logins are rare, for admin tweaks only; the infrastructure itself just runs. Typical uptimes are in years, as they should be.

I know, just rationalizing my own imagined importance, since my teenagers know everything.
Also the wife knows everything. I address her as google now. Or say OK google to her.

Welcome to Routers Anonymous.

Our 12-step program will help you learn to deal with your dependency.

My name is Noah and I'm a routerholic.
I did laugh. Routerholic is genius, and a great name for a website.

Typical uptimes are in years, as they should be.
No I can't live with that, would have to break something, just so I can fix it.