What's new

Do you upgrade your dipole antennas at all?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AltF4

Occasional Visitor
Curious if anyone uses any specific dipole antennas to gain even more coverage, or directional coverage?

If so, which products?

Curious if anyone uses any specific dipole antennas to gain even more coverage, or directional coverage?

If so, which products?
I just purchased three Asus WL-ANT-157 antennas (https://www.asus.com/Networking/WLANT157/) to try and fix signal issues with my router being on one side of my house in the basement.

I'm trying to use them to see if I get better signal strength for the devices that connect wireless to the router, as well as direct the signal towards said devices. I'm thinking that some of the signal from the omnidirectional antennas that I have is going outside the house where there's no need to and that directional antennas should help with that.

The signal strength increase isn't much from 3dB/5dB to 5dB/7dB, though finding third party antennas can be a real hit-or-miss process.