What's new

Docsis 3.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JerseyReef

New Around Here
With DOCSIS 3.0 becoming available in my area (Comcast/Philly), I'll be looking to update my Moto SBG900 cable/gateway.

So, are there any cable/gateway (wireless) on the market that are DOCSIS 3.0 compatible/ready?

Any perferences? I perfer the gateway option, instead of having two seperate devices.

With DOCSIS 3.0 becoming available in my area (Comcast/Philly), I'll be looking to update my Moto SBG900 cable/gateway.

So, are there any cable/gateway (wireless) on the market that are DOCSIS 3.0 compatible/ready?

Any perferences? I perfer the gateway option, instead of having two seperate devices.

The integrated gateways usually suck pretty bad. Horrible interfaces, horrible control, horrible everything. If you want anything at least half decent, you'll want them as 2 separate devices.

The integrated gateways usually suck pretty bad. Horrible interfaces, horrible control, horrible everything. If you want anything at least half decent, you'll want them as 2 separate devices.

Scotty - Taking integrated gateway issues aside, do you see any DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems that would be recommended?

BTW - I use a SBG900 from Moto, would I have expected better performance if I went a seperate device route?

Thanks,

JerseyReef - Mike

My favorite cable modems have been the Moto Surfboard 5100 and especially the 5120 model.

Motorola has released their successor to the famous 5120...the 6120..which is Doc3 compliant

Our major cable provider up here is on Docsis. I've had several 5100's and 5120's over the years and they've served me well. I imagine their 6120 units will be solid.

My favorite cable modems have been the Moto Surfboard 5100 and especially the 5120 model.

Motorola has released their successor to the famous 5120...the 6120..which is Doc3 compliant

YeOlde - Is the 6120 the Europe modem version, seen on the business side of the Moto website?

I see they will have a different european version of it, similar to the european versions of earlier models.

European DOCSIS standards are different (faster :confused: almost twice as fast ) than here in the US, so they get their own special models.

The US model will probably be sold to ISPs via whitebox channels...before it's available through traditional retail channels to the public.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online