What's new

Does 802.11k require Country + Power Constraint elements in Beacon Frame?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mackworth

Occasional Visitor
Trying to investigate the 802.11k implementation on my Omada system and I noticed that although I see ".... ..1. = Neighbor Report: Enabled" under the "Tag: RM Enabled Capabilities (5 octets)" element, I don't see Country and Power Constraint elements in the frame. A few websites that I have found about 802.11k say those are required so I am trying to confirm.

Make sure you are using a recent (latest) version of Wireshark.
I would not be surprised if they were not there. 11k and v support still seems like it is early days.

Make sure you are using a recent (latest) version of Wireshark.
I would not be surprised if they were not there. 11k and v support still seems like it is early days.
yup Latest version of wire shark.

Tp-link claims Omada supports it and when I toggle the setting in their software controller I do see that the neighbor report toggles between enabled and disabled so they do appear to be sending jt. I am just trying to confirm where it’s true or not that Country and Power are also required. I guess the better idea would be to try and capture a neighbor request from the client to see if it’s working.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!