What's new

Does AiMesh Support Multipath?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Red Dragon

New Around Here
I got a question about AiMesh. I got 3 Asus routers. I got one AX58 as my main router and I got another AC68 router as a Access point connected with Ethernet to the main router. My last AC68 router is setup as a AiMesh node in the far part of the house. I wanted to know if the AiMesh Node would connect wirelessly just to the AP or will it connect both to the AP and Main router to almost double the wireless speed?

I got a question about AiMesh. I got 3 Asus routers. I got one AX58 as my main router and I got another AC68 router as a Access point connected with Ethernet to the main router. My last AC68 router is setup as a AiMesh node in the far part of the house. I wanted to know if the AiMesh Node would connect wirelessly just to the AP or will it connect both to the AP and Main router to almost double the wireless speed?

I believe a wireless AiMesh node will only connect to another AiMesh node as part of an AiMesh system.

So, your AC68 remote node is wireless to your AX58 router/root node.

Have you considered installing both AC68s as AiMesh nodes, one wired and one wireless? Depending on your layout, the wireless one might daisy-chain through the wired near one. That may only help with reducing the remote node's wireless backhaul distance for a stronger connection/higher throughput.

OE

Yes that is how I am planing on setting it up. Was just wondering if setting all 3 up as node would let the longest one away connect to both nodes increasing the network speed it can get compared to connecting to just the one.

Yes that is how I am planing on setting it up. Was just wondering if setting all 3 up as node would let the longest one away connect to both nodes increasing the network speed it can get compared to connecting to just the one.

Yeah, I don't think AiMesh is that capable. It can use a single path within its mesh that may be wired or wireless at each hop... but not different hops at the same time . I'm speculating based on the limited functionality I've seen.

I do wonder though... I want to say that it can not hop through the WiFi of a traditional AP... but can it hop through the LAN switch of a traditional AP... maybe so?

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!