What's new

Does anyone know how to set up TorGuard (Dedicated IP) on Asus Merlin (386.2_6)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Daniel LaRusso

Occasional Visitor
I've looked online and on YT, also on the threads here, but all seemed to be outdated or very confusing. I also contacted their support, but they just refer me to their directions, which did not help. I generated my own config, but the client would not connect.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 11.32.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 11.32.05 AM.png
    415.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 11.36.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 11.36.27 AM.png
    469.5 KB · Views: 182
Look at the system log, it will tell you what's wrong.

By dedicated IP, I assume you mean you do not want the Torguard VPN Client IP to change. Or do you mean a dedicated streaming IP in which case you should have been given a specific IP in a mail (I think). If it is a streaming IP then only use steps 3 and 4 below.

Here is what I did.
1) Create a config file in Torguard Config generator.
2) Load it onto Merlin, note the IP you receieved.
3) Create a new config file in Torguard Config Generator by typing that specific IP. (There is a text field on the right to the country list where you can type this.)
4) Load it onto Merlin.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
By dedicated IP, I assume you mean you do not want the Torguard VPN Client IP to change. Or do you mean a dedicated streaming IP case you should have been given a specific IP in a mail (I think). If it is a streaming IP then only use steps 3 and 4 below.

Here is what I did.
1) Create a config file in Torguard Config generator.
2) Load it onto Merlin, note the IP you receieved.
3) Create a new config file in Torguard Config Generator by typing that specific IP. (There is a text field on the right to the country list where you can type this.)
4) Load in onto Merlin.

Hope this helps.
I did exactly this, but the connection is hanging and is trying to connect, but never does.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.33.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.33.45 AM.png
    432.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.33.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.33.58 AM.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 160
AUTH FAILED. Check your username and password.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!