What's new

Does Asuswrt-Merlin parallel Asuswrt?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

U5MCSGT

New Around Here
I looked through a few pages of posts and searched for parallel code and couldn't find an answer to this.
I have also read the about page and still not see the question I am looking to have answered.

Does Asuswrt-Merlin parallel Asuswrt? In other words do you grab the newest build from them and then apply your changes \ teaks from them?

I am curious because the look the same from the screenshots I see, it seems like you are adding extra features and fixing code for things Asus is not fixing.

I am just trying to understanding which way this project is going?

Will it over time stay pretty close to the original or will they separate more in feature and changes over time?

Thanks, sorry to sound so new at this, I just don't see a clear understanding of where this project is going.

Please save yourself time answering this if you just have a link to a post that answers my question. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!