What's new

Does it exist? SFP+ to dual gigabit Ethernet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Synomenon

Regular Contributor
I'm looking for something that plugs into a SFP+ slot on a router then has two gigabit ports on the other end. What I'm trying to do is utilize the 10Gbps SFP+ port on my router with the aggregated NICs on my QNAP.

You're looking for a switch.

What is your expected outcome and why do you feel you need this over (and above) 1GbE Ethernet? :)

Just looking. I haven't found anything useful to use with the SFP port on my router and thought something like what I mentioned in the OP might be cool. Would also let me dump the 5-port switch I have connected just because I'm short one port on my router.

If you have extra cash burning a hole in your pocket... :)

This isn't a good reason to be looking to spend hundreds for what is already working for you.

So the device I'm asking about (plugs into SFP port and has two gigabit ethernet ports) does exist?

I don't need anyone asking or telling me why I don't need this.

I simply asked and if it does exist, simply reply with the link to it...

I don't believe you will find a 10 gig uplink switch with only 2 1 gig ports. You will find 10 gig uplink ports on switches with more ports.

You seem to flip flop between SFP and SFP+.