What's new

Does John's fork support the service-event-end script?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
If so, since which version please?
Looking to adopt this script in favour of firewall-start for the YazFi addon

FYI. Since I know how much YazFi is associated w/ wireless, be aware that at least w/ Merlin, there is no service-event-end event for wireless on bootup! Plenty of other services (ntp and alike), but NOT wireless for some strange reason. I assume it's a bug. I ran into this issue a couple of times w/ my own scripts and had to work around it.

FYI. Since I know how much YazFi is associated w/ wireless, be aware that at least w/ Merlin, there is no service-event-end event for wireless on bootup! Plenty of other services (ntp and alike), but NOT wireless for some strange reason. I assume it's a bug. I ran into this issue a couple of times w/ my own scripts and had to work around it.
I'm currently looking at hooking on firewall events only but i will keep it in mind, thanks!

I wonder if wireless comes up before the event script hooks are loaded?

I'm currently looking at hooking on firewall events only but i will keep it in mind, thanks!

I wonder if wireless comes up before the event script hooks are loaded?

I don't know. But it does seem weird that particular event just never appear on bootup. I see plenty of other expected events just fine. And once the system boots and you make a wireless change, THEN the event is triggered as would be expected. So clearly wireless does trigger that event, but it just never happens on bootup. That's why I assume it's a bug.

P.S. This is with my RT-AC68U, if it matters.

I don't know. But it does seem weird that particular event just never appear on bootup. I see plenty of other expected events just fine. And once the system boots and you make a wireless change, THEN the event is triggered as would be expected. So clearly wireless does trigger that event, but it just never happens on bootup. That's why I assume it's a bug.

P.S. This is with my RT-AC68U, if it matters.
there's no service-event-end call for firewall on boot either - found on 386.4 AC86U

@RMerlin is it expected some services don't trigger the service-event scripts on boot? I guess the hooks are made after the affected services have already started?

there's no service-event-end call for firewall on boot either - found on 386.4 AC86U

@RMerlin is it expected some services don't trigger the service-event scripts on boot? I guess the hooks are made after the affected services have already started?
Not everything is run as a service at boot, the initial start of various daemons/operations are directly called by the init code.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!