What's new

does my GT-AX11000 Pro limits the wired output to my second router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bubbaloo95

New Around Here
i have a GT-AX11000 Pro as my main router with a lan (wired via ethernet) connected to my second router (tp link AC5400) on AP( access point set ).

the thing is that my PS4 IS CONNECTED via ethernet on my second router but is only getting about 275mbps but my speeds on my main router are 950mbps.

what is going on, is there any settings i need to change?

i did give priority to my ps4 on the GT-AX11000 Pro but is still crap speed

What speed you get to different wired client connected to your second router? Game consoles usually connect to download servers with load balancing.

PS2 is also a game console.

I don’t know. Quite possible. The reason I asked you if you have tried with a different wired client. Your second router in AP mode is just a switch. Unless there is some sort of firmware limitation, the speed must be close to 940Mbps. No routing there, just switching.

thanks for the tip,
yes i plug my computer and I'm getting 950mbps to the second router, so it seems that the PS4 is somehow limiting the speed.

i change the ethernet cable and is better toping at 400mbps, but again that using the ps4 own network check tool (speed check), so who knows is that is even accurate enough.

after all this brings me to another question, why would we pay for gigabit internet if the servers or PS4 is not goin to go that fast. is kind of stupid if u ask me, lol. same for the router ( a super expensive router for what?????)

i think having around 500mbps will be just fine for gaming and anything else.

thanks again, some times everyone need an out side perspective

All the companies distributing large volume software do load balancing. Game consoles, phone OS updates, Windows updates, etc. Otherwise on the release date the servers will get overloaded. There are millions of people using such devices at the same time, not just you. Your Internet connection speed is unrelated.

with all the respect, the reason people get more speed is for a better connection, pins etc etc...

so if we are throttle down from them, then there is no point in more speed from our side. because the problem is the servers/providers. So i will be downgrading my internet to about 500 or 600mbps. thank u, u open my eyes

Residential lines are "up to". The speed is not guaranteed. No one can guarantee the speed to specific servers as well. ISPs sell Gigabit connections shared between many people knowing very well most subscribers won't be able to use it or will rarely use it. The deal "double speed for only $10 more" is actually a deal for the ISP. Your Internet use habits don't change much and your Internet experience remains is the same. The ISP gets more money though.

i have a GT-AX11000 Pro as my main router with a lan (wired via ethernet) connected to my second router (tp link AC5400) on AP( access point set ).

the thing is that my PS4 IS CONNECTED via ethernet on my second router but is only getting about 275mbps but my speeds on my main router are 950mbps.

what is going on, is there any settings i need to change?

i did give priority to my ps4 on the GT-AX11000 Pro but is still crap speed

That's normal. It's not ax11000 Pro's problem but PS4. PS4 nic and own test are not good. You can test the speed from fast.com or speedtest.net with a PS4 browser. It doesn't give you full speed every time though. Sometimes it gives you full speed. But sometimes it doesn't give you full speed. There is no relationship between NAT type for the speed. I hope you use NAT Type 1 for flawless gaming.