What's new

Does RT-AC68u support 802.1q VLAN 2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TanyaC

Regular Contributor
For a new ISP connection they say the router must support 802.1q VLAN tagging (vlan id 2)
I couldn't see any mention of this on the specs on the ASUS website. Can anyone confirm of this router supports that and is suitable for a FTTP connection?

I assume it will be ok. I have the RT-AC88u which I used with this ISP a couple of years ago, but they changed their config retirements June last year.

They say it will take up to 48 hours for the service to activate, and I can't have my existing connection down for that long, so I will dual ISP for a week or so, then cancel the old service and store the RT-AC68u as a spare.

The only place (on my RT-AC68U) I know of where you can specify a VLAN ID is in LAN - IPTV.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Neither AsusWRT nor AsusWRT-Merlin support VLANs natively, no. Nor does any consumer router OS that I know of.

To get VLAN capability you'd need to flash a third-party firmware such as DD-WRT or Tomato.

To get native VLAN support, you'll have to move up to small-business grade gear (Cisco RV, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik, etc.).

Ahhhh... indeed. WAN VLAN / IPTV... bit of a different animal. That it can do, indeed. Thanks for the catch.
@TanyaC - Disregard my post if you're not looking for LAN-based and/or multi-VLAN capability.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!