What's new

Does T-Mobile/ASUS TM-AC1900 (RT-AC68U) Support Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

=]H[= Apollo|Hawks

New Around Here
cellspot-10.jpg

ASUS Support Page / Firmware / Manual

http://www.asus.com/supportonly/TM-AC1900/HelpDesk_Download/

CellSpot Router Quick Start Guide

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-15756

My question is; does this modified ASUS router support Merlin?

Last edited:
the firmware @ the Asus support site is only 16MB

RT-N66U : Merlin 374.43 / RT-N16 : tomato RAF 1.28.9014MIPSR2-RAF-v1.3g.trx

it is suspected that a vanilla copy of merlin should work or it could be compiled with the t-mobile stuff, provided nothing is limited by a customized bootloader.

can you telnet in and try;

strings /dev/mtd0ro | grep version

and perhaps

strings /dev/mtd0ro | grep odmpid

and paste the output?

regardless, you can try flashing merlin and if it fails to start, you can just enter recovery mode and flash the official firmware back

Last edited:
the firmware @ the Asus support site is only 16MB

RT-N66U : Merlin 374.43 / RT-N16 : tomato RAF 1.28.9014MIPSR2-RAF-v1.3g.trx

16.55 is greater than 16!!!!!!!

That's mean flash is 32MB!!!!!!

Asuswrt contain t-mobile customization code - that's mean asuswrt-Merlin must be work!

asuswrt build profile same as rt-as68u + add T-Mobile function:

export TM-AC1900 := $(RT-AC68U_BASE)
export TM-AC1900 += BUILD_NAME="TM-AC1900"
export TM-AC1900 += TMOBILE=y

Last edited:
I just received this router (TM-AC1900) and was able to install a fork of Merlin firmware on it (build 374.43_2-03j9527 by john9527, to be exact). Can't say much about throughput since I haven't run any extensive tests yet, but the range is only slightly better than my oldish Netgear WNDR3800.

Last edited:
I just received this router (TM-AC1900) and was able to install a fork of Merlin firmware on it (build 374.43_2-03j9527 by john9527, to be exact). Can't say much about throughput since I haven't run any extensive tests yet, but the range is only slightly better than my oldish Netgear WNDR3800.
Did you see if it had settings for wifi prioritization prior to flashing it? I get mine soon, just curious.

Last edited:
=]H[= Apollo|Hawks;141358 said:
I just got mine yesterday

I'm about to flash Merlin in a second here.

I got mine yesterday as well. Just like you, I upgraded using the automated feature to get to 3.0.0.4.376_2827 and now I can't flash any other firmware. I even tried downgrading to the original firmware with no luck. Let me know if you have any luck. I have not tried recovery mode yet...

George

I have one of these on order.

I like my RT-N66U as my primary router (DHCP reservations with host name is the main feature).

Can I run this T-Mobile version in Access Point only mode to provide better coverage on a separate floor for my iPad 2?

Can I use the same SSID? (Like large corporations have corporate campuses with the same SSID everywhere) or do I need to use a separate SSID?

I have one of these on order.

I like my RT-N66U as my primary router (DHCP reservations with host name is the main feature).

Can I run this T-Mobile version in Access Point only mode to provide better coverage on a separate floor for my iPad 2?

Can I use the same SSID? (Like large corporations have corporate campuses with the same SSID everywhere) or do I need to use a separate SSID?

I wouldn't run the n66u as the primary router.... It's much slower than the dual core 68u(tmo version).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!