What's new

Does the reboot function reboot all Mesh routers?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mikael

Occasional Visitor
Does anyone know if configuring the automatic reboot e.g. on RT-AC88U also result in the Mesh nodes getting rebooted?

Does anyone know if configuring the automatic reboot e.g. on RT-AC88U also result in the Mesh nodes getting rebooted?

I would have to look at a node to know for sure.

OE

Yes, but you cannot access the nodes in a mesh via the admin UI. They redirect to the main router. Perhaps via SSH. I have not tried that.

I meant go look at the node LEDs to see if it reboots when it should... a simple test, yes?

But I doubt it.

OE

After a scheduled reboot, log-in to the node via ssh and run uptime to see how long it has been since the last reboot.

But this has been asked before and I believe the answer was - no, the nodes don't reboot. You'd need to schedule reboot to run as a cron job. And you'll need to set-up a script to run after booting to re-schedule the boot.

After a scheduled reboot, log-in to the node via ssh and run uptime to see how long it has been since the last reboot.

But this has been asked before and I believe the answer was - no, the nodes don't reboot. You'd need to schedule reboot to run as a cron job. And you'll need to set-up a script to run after booting to re-schedule the boot.
I tried this. SSH / uptime shows that the Mesh node does get rebooted with the main router, which is good. Also enabling SSH on the main router, enabled it on the node. In fast, SSH is the only way to get to the node as the Web UI will always redirect you back to the main router.

I tried this. SSH / uptime shows that the Mesh node does get rebooted with the main router, which is good. Also enabling SSH on the main router, enabled it on the node. In fast, SSH is the only way to get to the node as the Web UI will always redirect you back to the main router.
That's good to know, however I've never used the reboot scheduler. My router and nodes usually run until I need to update the firmware or reboot for some other reason. When I updated my firmware on the router yesterday my two nodes didn't reboot. So it must be the scheduler that sends reboot commands to the nodes. Manual reboots do nothing to the connected nodes.

That's good to know, however I've never used the reboot scheduler. My router and nodes usually run until I need to update the firmware or reboot for some other reason. When I updated my firmware on the router yesterday my two nodes didn't reboot. So it must be the scheduler that sends reboot commands to the nodes. Manual reboots do nothing to the connected nodes.
Yes, not sure if there is any benefit nor drawback from rebooting e.g. every night. Looking at the logs, the scheduled reboot seems to be a controlled shutdown/restart which "feels" better than powering down and the fact that it handles the nodes as well is quite convenient. I set it for 5am every morning when no-one is using the network.

I set it for 5am every morning when no-one is using the network.

Except maybe those pesky Windows 10 updates.

I don't like the reboot idea... a network is not a network if it doesn't stay up! :)

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!