1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Does the TP-Link Archer C5400X Have Guest “Isolation” or Full Network Access

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Consequential032, Dec 6, 2018 at 3:29 AM.

1. Consequential032

Consequential032 New Around Here

Hi all,

Does the TP-Link Archer C5400X actually isolate its guest network from all clients (wired and wireless) on the main (non-guest) network?

OR

Are clients on the guest network able to access or at the very least ping clients on the main non guest network?

Are there any users who can verify the guest network is in fact isolated or not, and for the purposes of this post I’ll define isolation as not even allowing a ping from guest to main let alone higher access.

Thanks!

2. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Senior Member

3. Consequential032

Consequential032 New Around Here

Thanks, I did look at the manual and saw the settings but netgear’s equivalent router has the same options but it was reported pings from guest client to main network client are successful.

I’m looking for someone in the real world to verify functionality.