What's new

Does Traffic Analyzer capture traffic to and from the router itself (NGINX proxy)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bengalih

I've just started using Traffic Analyzer because I have been getting close to my ISP data caps and I want to better monitor what is going on.

I run NGINX on my router and it proxies several internal websites (like Plex, and a web-based file server). I have shut them all down for a week or so as I am so close to my cap that I don't want to cause any overages.

What I am interested in is if the Traffic Analyzer (including Traffic Monitor Global/Per-device and/or Statistic pages) will capture traffic that originates/terminates on the router itself?

With NGINX, all traffic to/from these internal servers is proxied through the router, so for instance if I stream a 2GB movie from my Plex via NGINX, I am thinking that it won't show 2GB of bandwidth coming from my internal Plex server, but rather that 2GB is egressing out from NGINX on the router.

If it won't capture it under normal configuration. Is there anything I can do that will capture/report on this traffic? Otherwise I feel like I'm going to have huge discrepancies (more than Traffic Analyzer usually has) if a significant amount of my outbound data is going through NGINX.

thoughts?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!