What's new

Don't realise what you have until it's gone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

princi

As an exercise, I put the latest 380.7266 on my AC88U.

It seems very stable and I have no issues with it - except for the lack of Merlin features.

Especially the VPN enhancements, notably OpenVPN 2.4 support.

Looking forward to Merlin on the 7266 GPL - as a 382.x branch seems like a long way off.

As an exercise, I put the latest 380.7266 on my AC88U.

It seems very stable and I have no issues with it - except for the lack of Merlin features.

Especially the VPN enhancements, notably OpenVPN 2.4 support.

Looking forward to Merlin on the 7266 GPL - as a 382.x branch seems like a long way off.
380.65 Merlin already has OpenVPN 2.4 support...So what's your point? :)

... So what's your point? :)
Support Asuswrt-Merlin as if it were going away because DD-WRT is nearly impossible to compile?

There's currently no plan on a release based on 7266, as this release has too many issues.

380.65 Merlin already has OpenVPN 2.4 support...So what's your point? :)

"Looking forward to Merlin on the 7266 GPL"

That's my point. 380.65 is based on GPL 3xxx

Anyway, RMerlin has already advised that he has no plan to do it.

There's currently no plan on a release based on 7266, as this release has too many issues.

It's like in the airport - "the moving walkway is nearing it's end - please watch your step..."

sooner or later - it's going to be LTS, like @john9527 fork - and RMerlin's post earlier in the year - merging things and continued coverage sooner or later becomes impossible. This is how software works...

It's been a good run - would be nice to see John and Eric join up with the *WRT open source folks directly - along with Voxel and hggomes even, as their insight, contributions, and skills make things better for all...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!