What's new

DoT dead

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gar

Very Senior Member
As of 10/1 I cannot use DoT with any provider. Was using 384.13, no change with .14. Can the ISP mess with this because it is new here and I am wondering if they could be messing around with their settings somehow? If I don't use DoT all is fine, just wondering if it's something I did or not.

If you have SSH access into your router just log in, copy the above command and paste it on the command line hit enter and look at the response.

If you don't have SSH access just enable it (LAN only ), set up an SSH app on some device and then follow the above.

Reactions: Gar
Haven't tried SSH yet but did substitute my 56u and no DoT there either. Tried newest dev f/w as well.

With either unit, everything is OK without DoT. With DoT I get a lot of buffering on FireTV, but it "works".

Haven't tried SSH yet but did substitute my 56u and no DoT there either. Tried newest dev f/w as well.

With either unit, everything is OK without DoT. With DoT I get a lot of buffering on FireTV, but it "works".

Still worth enabling SSH when you have the opportunity. If your router gets cranky if gives you a chance to reboot it using a command from SSH or restart GUI interface without having to reboot the router and finally if you install AMTM you then can easily install some added features on your router using scripts.

I got nothing from that command and despite my lack of experience pretty sure I did it right, what does that mean? I used the 56u since it was hooked up.

I got nothing from that command and despite my lack of experience pretty sure I did it right, what does that mean? I used the 56u since it was hooked up.
Which firmware? John’s fork? If so run this (different path to CA certs):
Code:
echo | openssl s_client -verify on -CAfile /rom/ca-bundle.crt -connect 1.1.1.1:853

Reactions: Gar
You must get some output from that command. Even if you just typed gibberish it would still respond with an error message. What SSH client are you using to connect to the router?

Thanks for the help, will try again in the morning. MUST have messed up somehow, maybe I didn't actually enter anything but thought I had done it right.

Edit: putty using johns f/w

Last edited: