What's new

Double NAT Synology RT2600 Xbox Load Balancing.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LeeH

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

Could anybody help me with my double NAT issue.

This is the first time I've connected my xbox to my current set up, had no issues a year ago with the standard ISP router.

I have 2 connections now, FTTC (OneStream) and LTE+ (EE)

Set up below.

If I turn off the LTE I get a moderate NAT, I'm aiming for an open NAT.

HG612 Modem > Synology RT2600.
Zyxel NR7101 (bridge mode > Synology RT2600

Screen grab if it helps.

Attachments

• E7BFE24A-F668-4FE0-A005-81784DEA2011.png
    E7BFE24A-F668-4FE0-A005-81784DEA2011.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 76
Simplest solution would be to put all traffic on the router into a VPN. The LTE connection could be using cgnat or the fttc could also have changed. Hard to know w/o IP info.

Hi Tech Junky,

I have no idea on how to to the above unfortunately. If you could point me the the right direction that would be great.

I do have a Surf shark VPN account...

What is not working on your Xbox?

Use the FTTC connection only, not load balancing. Don't use VPN, it will increase your latency for no reason.

Hi Tech9,

What’s not working? It is impossible to online game with a double NAT. Moderate is not preferable.

My FTTC connection is 10/1 at best hence why I have the LTE router on the side of my house. with this I get up to 200/40. 100/30 on average.

Where is the double NAT coming from?

It's hard to game on LTE connection as well with high speed/latency variations, as far as I know.

Should be no issue, latency us under 50ms and a good 100/30 connection at least.

I have no idea where it is coming from but it must be an issue with the Zyxel NR7071 which is in bridge mode as when I make the FTTC the default, turn off load balancing (LTE off) the NAT shows moderate. Which is still not correct but better.

This Load Balancing makes things only worse. Use the better connection only, the other for backup.

With this limited information we can't help you. What external IPs you get for the two WAN connections?

This Load Balancing makes things only worse. Use the better connection only, the other for backup.

With this limited information we can't help you. What external IPs you get for the two WAN connections?

Load balancing improves performance in my testing but happy to dump it.

I can get you whatever information you need, will post up the my IP's (most of it) tomorrow as my ISP changes tomorrow.