What's new

DOUBLE NAT TYPE HELP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alexander

New Around Here
I have an ASUS RT-AC3200 router and when I am trying to use my xbox I am always on a strict NAT type and it is because it says I have a double NAT. I have been on google and tried pretty much everything with no luck. I live in an apartment complex so we have an ISP that is used throughout the entire complex for free so right now I have my router plugged directly through an Ethernet cable and into the wall. I really don't want to contact my ISP because they don't deal with customers of the apartment complex they only deal with the business directly which would be my apartment manager. I was just seeing if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this.

If you do have double NAT (which is almost certain from what you've said) then there's nothing you can do about it because the first NAT device is that which feeds the apartment complex.

The only way (that's in your control) to not have double NAT would be to disconnect the Asus from the wall and plug your Xbox in instead. Even then there might be further limitations caused by the complex's equipment.

I have an ASUS RT-AC3200 router and when I am trying to use my xbox I am always on a strict NAT type and it is because it says I have a double NAT. I have been on google and tried pretty much everything with no luck. I live in an apartment complex so we have an ISP that is used throughout the entire complex for free so right now I have my router plugged directly through an Ethernet cable and into the wall. I really don't want to contact my ISP because they don't deal with customers of the apartment complex they only deal with the business directly which would be my apartment manager. I was just seeing if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this.

What problems is strict NAT type causing for your console? I never experienced any issues with it for console online gaming.