What's new

Double NAT with DHCP off - Would I lose CakeQoS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SilentStorm

Regular Contributor
Quick question, I'm in a double NAT scenario and I was told another way to get around this is to disable DHCP on the second router. If I do this, do I lose access to CakeQoS or how does that work?

Bridge mode is still not an option for us.

Quick question, I'm in a double NAT scenario and I was told another way to get around this is to disable DHCP on the second router.
I assume you're talking about a LAN to LAN connection, i.e. turning your router into an access point.

If I do this, do I lose access to CakeQoS ...
Yes, because nothing is being routed through the router.

I assume you're talking about a LAN to LAN setup, i.e. turning your router into an access point.

Yes, because nothing is being routed through the router.
Perfect. Thanks for this information.

If you are double NAT then it's not LAN to LAN. It's ASUS router WAN plugged into ISP LAN. This is my setup and cake works great!

If you are double NAT then it's not LAN to LAN. It's ASUS router WAN plugged into ISP LAN.
He never mentioned LAN to LAN, I did. He asked about disabling DHCP to avoid double NAT. The implication there is that he's asking about the frequently suggested LAN to LAN setup where DHCP is disabled.

Ya
He never mentioned LAN to LAN, I did. He asked about disabling DHCP to avoid double NAT. The implication there is that he's asking about the frequently suggested LAN to LAN setup where DHCP is disabled.
Ya, I got that. Turning off DHCP will mess him up

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!