What's new

Double NAT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
How do I know if I have a double nat or not ? If it is not easy to tell then otherwise how to get rid of a double nat if I believe I do ?

Got everything working with my Asus third party AX-86U router except thinking I am still double nat. Does it have any advantages or better to stay off double nat?

This is on AT&T Fiber with a BGW 210.

Go to the Network Map page in the router's GUI and look at the WAN IP address. If it is not a public IP address, or it doesn't match that shown at www.whatsmyip.org then you are behind another NAT device.

Go to the Network Map page in the router's GUI and look at the WAN IP address. If it is not a public IP address, or it doesn't match that shown at www.whatsmyip.org then you are behind another NAT device.

Thanks. It looks like it is a public IP.

I will post a picture or 2 to show what the problem is.

Right now for Port forwarding for it to work I have to forward the ports on my BGW 210 and my Asus AX-86U

Here

pciture 1.jpg
pciture 2.jpg

Why are you using both the BGW210 and the RT-AX86U?

Plug your Fibre connection straight to the RT-AX86Us WAN port and turn off the BGW210.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!