What's new

double VPN - need help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Russell Bantin

New Around Here
I am new to VPN setups. I am helping a friend setup a remote server for his 2 businesses. They both use the same software and need to connect to the same server via VPN. He has 3 ASUS RT-AC86U routers with openVPN integrated. One would serve and the other 2 are clients. I can get one to connect but not both...

Are they running stock or RMerlin firmware? Are these at three different locations? Are different ports used in the configuration for the second client router?

I am new to VPN setups. I am helping a friend setup a remote server for his 2 businesses. They both use the same software and need to connect to the same server via VPN. He has 3 ASUS RT-AC86U routers with openVPN integrated. One would serve and the other 2 are clients. I can get one to connect but not both...

I have successfully connected multiple client devices to one Asus VPN server. I have connected one Asus router as a client and other client devices, but not two Asus router clients. That said, it should work.
I trust you created two different login IDs on the VPN Server side and assigned one to each client 86u. Also, do both client 86u's connect when tried one at a time?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk